What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

10 hours ago, deej said:

Lyall Cameron is currently on loan at Peterhead from Dundee. 

Lyall Cameron got injured playing in the Challenge Cup for Dundee u20s against Peterhead.

https://www.peterheadfc.org/2021/08/13/cup-tie-costs-two-players-one-from-each-side-ironically/

Worse than that - we played our 3 loanees who are currently at Peterhead against them, Peterhead won the tie so now the boys are cup-tied to play in future rounds. 

All teams should be made to do this with loan players, instead of them not being allowed to play against their parent club, make them play for their parent club against the team they're on loan to. Makes it a bit spicy, and gives them a game playing for their parent club in the middle of being on loan. 

I'd have def been up for that last season against Sevco with Robbie McCrorie.

10 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Worse than that - we played our 3 loanees who are currently at Peterhead against them, Peterhead won the tie so now the boys are cup-tied to play in future rounds. 

One of the young lads got injured, that will help his development.

48 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Dundee Utd fans invading the pitch after scraping through in the cup against lower league opposition. 

Again. 

Remember what happened the last time they over celebrated a penalty shootout win in that competition?

St Mirren fans invading the park for their equaliser, a wee bit tin pot.

St Mirren fans invading the park for a second time, only this time it was offside, a big bit tin pot.

St Mirren then losing that game on penalties, tin pot prime. 

Edited by ATLIS

I wonder if the amount of pitch invading and violence at games is a result of pent-up, post-lockdown angst. Obviously it's always gone on but there's definitely a disproportionate amount of it going on compared to 'normal' seasons. 

The season's only started and already there's been pitch invasions at Ayr v DABS, Livingston v Aberdeen and a couple of other games that I can't remember. 

Pitch invasions usually occur when emotions are running high so obviously the excitement of being back at an away game for the first time in almost 18 months or whatever has been too much to handle for the VLs amongst the DABS and Dons fans. Fortunately I support a team with classy fans who know how to conduct themselves in a civilised manner. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Dee Man

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I wonder if the amount of pitch invading and violence at games is a result of pent-up, post-lockdown angst. Obviously it's always gone on but there's definitely a disproportionate amount of it going on compared to 'normal' seasons. 

The season's only started and already there's been pitch invasions at Ayr v DABS, Livingston v Aberdeen and a couple of other games that I can't remember. 

Pitch invasions usually occur when emotions are running high so obviously the excitement of being back at an away game for the first time in almost 18 months or whatever has been too much too handle for the VLs amongst the DABS and Dons fans. Fortunately I support a team with classy fans who know how to conduct themselves in a civilised manner. 

Thank you. 

As demonstrated when Niall mcginn noises up the Derry and a boy runs to the front then shits his pants. 

Edited by Dons_1988

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Pitch invasions usually occur when emotions are running high so obviously the excitement of being back at an away game for the first time in almost 18 months or whatever has been too much too handle for the VLs amongst the DABS and Dons fans. Fortunately I support a team with classy fans who know how to conduct themselves in a civilised manner. 

Thank you. 

^^^ Tempting fate