What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

On 22/06/2021 at 22:48, welshbairn said:

£35 to look at a cup in some hotel function room hired by the hour? 

At Murrayfield the SRU put the Calcutta Cup and other trophies like the Auld Alliance in nice glass display cases in the fanzone before games for anyone to take pictures with them. No additional cost.

Paying £35 for the privilege is hilariously mental. I would laugh, but it probably means another week without vegetables for little Kyle and Kirk.

Think you're forgetting about the Thistle das. Have a look on WAT, there's several (or at least a handful) who are delighted it's a dvd and not a digital download. More collectible too I guess.
I'm with you. I can't remember the last time I bought a DVD, but I definitely would buy a physical copy of one if Saints produced one for the cup wins or whatever. You can't really collect a digital download.

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

How is it pedantic?
The currants have laughingly listed the address as Glynhill Hotel, Paisley whereas its actual address is Paisley Road Renfrew.

It's pedantic because you're drawing the distinction between "in Paisley" and "just across the road from Paisley". Like people who get annoyed  about "IKEA Edinburgh" 

I didn't say your point wasn't technically correct, quite the opposite. If it was incorrect then it would be shit pedantry

I suggest you  forget about  it for now so you can concentrate on the more  important  business of  getting Paisley's Airport renamed

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It's pedantic because you're drawing the distinction between "in Paisley" and "just across the road from Paisley". Like people who get annoyed  about "IKEA Edinburgh"

Renfrew isn't "just across the road" it's the county town ya haufwit.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Renfrew isn't "just across the road" it's the county town ya haufwit.

I blame Google Maps for telling me that the takeaway across the road from the Hotel is in  Paisley 

And  in my defence you're all Glaswegian when viewed from this distance anyway

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I may follow a diddy wee team but in my time I've had the East of Scotland League Cup and League trophy on my mantelpiece without having to pay anything. Get it right up ye, Bears!

And the interesting thing is that you'll have had a pride in winning them - unlike ra currants who take the greatest delight in someone else not winning it.

20 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:
On 17/06/2021 at 13:07, partick_twinny said:
Think you're forgetting about the Thistle das. Have a look on WAT, there's several (or at least a handful) who are delighted it's a dvd and not a digital download. More collectible too I guess.

I'm with you. I can't remember the last time I bought a DVD, but I definitely would buy a physical copy of one if Saints produced one for the cup wins or whatever. You can't really collect a digital download.

When

The Betfred one with extra features was finished in late April but it was decided to hold it just in case

Now the double DVD will come out at some point.

22 hours ago, GordonS said:

At Murrayfield the SRU put the Calcutta Cup and other trophies like the Auld Alliance in nice glass display cases in the fanzone before games for anyone to take pictures with them. No additional cost.

Paying £35 for the privilege is hilariously mental. I would laugh, but it probably means another week without vegetables for little Kyle and Kirk.

Every St Johnstone season ticket holder will get a chance to have a picture with both cup for free.

12 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Every St Johnstone season ticket holder will get a chance to have a picture with both cup for free.

Is there anything St Johnstone don't do well?

How much do they charge for kids to be mascots? I think Hearts charge £250-£300.