What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

2 hours ago, ajwffc said:
2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Cowdenbeath don't even hide the fact they have a "big team", do they?

Central Park is looking a bit different from the last time I was there

Looks impressive

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57271111

Not even played a top flight game yet and John Nelms is making an arse of himself.

His naive optimism that he can somehow change things without the OF's approval is almost sweet.

I hope people noted he also tipped Dundee for the top 6. I seem to remember quite a few on here taking a dig at another chairman giving a similar prediction and I fully expect people to show the same level of disdain this time round.

39 minutes ago, Ric said:

His naive optimism that he can somehow change things without the OF's approval is almost sweet.

I hope people noted he also tipped Dundee for the top 6. I seem to remember quite a few on here taking a dig at another chairman giving a similar prediction and I fully expect people to show the same level of disdain this time round.

Top 5 same as it is this season, and about 5 clubs fighting it out for 6th place, no guarantee Hearts will be top 6 either.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Top 5 same as it is this season, and about 5 clubs fighting it out for 6th place, no guarantee Hearts will be top 6 either.

The point I'm making is that people on here were pretty dismissive of a team already in the league being touted for top 6 by their chairman and considering Dundee aren't even in the league (yet) and their chairman is making that claim it should be met with equal derision.

2 hours ago, Ric said:

The point I'm making is that people on here were pretty dismissive of a team already in the league being touted for top 6 by their chairman and considering Dundee aren't even in the league (yet) and their chairman is making that claim it should be met with equal derision.

I've no love for Dundee, but they had a top 6 finish in 2014/15 season*, which is a bit more recent than St Mirren, so maybe not so outlandish a claim thinking they could do it again?

Don't see them doing it right enough, so aye, we should all wire in taking the pish out of them thinking they can. 🤣

*just noticed there was no Sevco in the top flight that season, which gave them the extra place to scrape into 6th, jammy fucks.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 hours ago, Ric said:

3 hours ago, Ric said:

Where has he said that we will finish in the top 6?

Every season we've been in the top flight in the Nelms era we've given the manager a 'top 6 budget' and our long term aim is naturally, to be a top 6 club.

I can't see where he's said that we will finish there though. All I've seen is him say the club won't be content just to fight it out for safety every season.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

our long term aim is naturally, to be a top 6 club.

I've always wondered what people think that means, tbh. 

Not having a go or anything, but Aberdeen aside I can't think of a single side who've finished top 6 every season over the past ~10 years.

Wonder what sort of cut off people have for being a "top 6 side".

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've always wondered what people think that means, tbh. 

Not having a go or anything, but Aberdeen aside I can't think of a single side who've finished top 6 every season over the past ~10 years.

Wonder what sort of cut off people have for being a "top 6 side".

Well, in John Nelms case, he sees that as being St Johnstone essentially considering his interview was that he wants sustained success in a similar vain to yours in the league (and an odd cup run wouldn't be sniffed at either).

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Well, in John Nelms case, he sees that as being St Johnstone essentially considering his interview was that he wants sustained success in a similar vain to yours in the league (and an odd cup run wouldn't be sniffed at either).

We've, technically, only finished in the top 6 twice in the last 5 seasons.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've, technically, only finished in the top 6 twice in the last 5 seasons.

Have you read what he actually said? Because our interaction basically seems to be me relaying what was said.

I'll link the article for you and you can read his quotes.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/dundee/news/john-nelms-urges-dundee-to-follow-st-johnstones-example_449057.html

Edited by Ludo*1