What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

Some tosser in the SPFL actually going as far as having all 42 clubs voting on admitting kids from Celtic and Rangers to our League 2, is as tinpot as it gets. Surely it’ll be thrown out as far as physically possible.

On 14/03/2021 at 18:48, tree house tam said:

The genes handed down haven't been the greatest.

On 14/03/2021 at 19:00, TonyFerrino said:

Seems to be a bit of that going on in Aberdeen at the minute.  Presumably those dashing looking chaps will be back with the banner when lockdown is over and Aberdeen are at home as well?

On 14/03/2021 at 19:04, Arch Stanton said:

image.png.19c9a754bec76cafc09c7c62e570e8f2.png

Vintage Poodle USA Fitted Scoop Neck Long Sleeve | Childhood memories,  Childhood, My childhood memories

On 14/03/2021 at 19:16, ropy said:

John Cleese on the left with a couple of burn victims

Yous do realise they are wearing Kris Boyd Grin facemasks 

5EC9EACB-E2ED-40FC-8B80-682662225984.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Yous do realise they are wearing Kris Boyd Grin facemasks 

5EC9EACB-E2ED-40FC-8B80-682662225984.jpeg

I was referring to their attire.  I've seen such a wonderful array of Rangers supporter over the years that the coupons never even registered.  

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Some tosser in the SPFL actually going as far as having all 42 clubs voting on admitting kids from Celtic and Rangers to our League 2, is as tinpot as it gets. Surely it’ll be thrown out as far as physically possible.

You know fine Joey that'll it'll get this through by hook or by crook or by bribe - if not now pretty damn soonish. Interesting to note that what looks like the acme of tinpottery is revealed in the fact that the BBC tells us

• The only change to the financial model would be teams in first and second place in the Premiership, who would forego £290,000 for the first five seasons.

Which I guess means that (a) we acknowledge that there's only ever two teams in Scotland competing for first/second or (b) e.g. St Mirren finishing second next season (did I just say that?) would lose out financially to subsidise one of the Intermediate Firm.

Any club can put a proposal for a vote.  2 clubs keep putting this idea forward, they occasionally get a couple of idiots supporting them,  they always get laughed out of the room by the majority. The arrogance of those 2 clubs sees them return with nearly the exact same proposal the next year. 

Why? Most of the clubs from the below championship have an absolute cheek to class themselves professional. They train twice a week like pub teams on the local Astro Park. 

I would take away their votes, and who cares what all combined 700 odd of their fans think. If it’s for the benefit of Scottish football as a whole then they should be all for giving something back. 

Edited by Mean Gene

1 hour ago, Mean Gene said:

Why? Most of the clubs from the below championship have an absolute cheek to class themselves professional. They train twice a week like pub teams on the local Astro Park. 

I would take away their votes, and who cares what all combined 700 odd of their fans think. If it’s for the benefit of Scottish football as a whole then they should be all for giving something back. 

:lol: we’ve got another one

11 hours ago, Mean Gene said:

You haven’t actually specified who “My Team” is on your profile? I’m guessing it isn’t Albion Rovers?

We tried something similar between 1998 and 2013

it didn’t work out

14 hours ago, Mean Gene said:

Gordon Strachan found ^^^

12 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Nike Tiempo Astros with jeans.

You love to see it.

Since you're obviously into your fashion and with the better weather coming in, I'm looking for a light but stylish jacket that will go with jeans and have a budget of around £60 - £80. 

Any recommendations?

5 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

We tried something similar between 1998 and 2013

it didn’t work out

They should take away the votes of any club that has gone into administration in the last 20 years and/or come back as a Newco as they're obviously incompetent running their own affairs, let alone Scottish football. 

You'd agree with this being a fair minded Hearts fan, wouldn't you.. ;)