What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Its basically things that have words with no real meaning as to why they are called that but then somebody comes up with an acronym retrospectively for it. Engineering is littered with it but I suppose ‘Neds’ would be a prime example in Scottish society.

That's fuckin brilliant. Thanks for that. Neds is one that has me utterly gibbering whenever people try and claim it stands for "non educated delinquent" as somecunt with no education is uneducated, and delinquency presupposes a lack of education anyway. I tend to imagine myself as some sort of Galilean hero in these exchanges, bravely standing for truth against erroneous doctrine....

Calling the 2nd & 3rd division League One and League 2 and the old 1st division the Championship was blatantly copying down South. We should be trying to market ourselves as different to the 'best league in the world' not just a shite, knock-off version.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Calling the 2nd & 3rd division League One and League 2 and the old 1st division the Championship was blatantly copying down South. We should be trying to market ourselves as different to the 'best league in the world' not just a shite, knock-off version.

The thing is as well is for what is a relatively minor league, the name 'SPL' was quite well known at least in other parts of the British Isles and with football fans in the English-speaking world.  Scrapping that and calling it the 'Premiership' - a name more synonymous with rugby and English classic games you'd see late at night on Sky - was a strange decision.

Edited by Highland Capital

1 minute ago, Highland Capital said:

The thing is as well is for what is a relatively minor league, the name 'SPL' was quite well known at least in other parts of the British Isles and with football fans in the English-speaking world.  Scrapping that and calling it the 'Premiership' - a name more synonymous with rugby and though English classic games you'd on Sky late at night was a strange decision.

CraigKillie makes a fair point that we couldn't keep it as the SPL since it was a merger, but you're right, why we then decide to go with a name that was synomonous with English football and Rugby instead of trying to be a bit different is very poor creative thinking from the top brass.

Why not go back to First, Second, Third & Fourth? Or just something entirely different?

43 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I like the names of the first 4 divisions (tho really it should be first, second, third and forth) but that’s a very harsh name for the non-league pyramid.

Aye, I'm all for you c***s, hibs, hearts and Falkirk to have a Forth league.

The people of Inverness letting off fireworks to celebrate a 1-1 draw with Alloa this weekend is quite tinpot. Very small time. 
Quite a lot of them up in Westhill tonight. Tin pot as considering most of them will have been in Ibrox less often than I have.

Have to say as an outsider moving up, must be brutal being a Caley Thistle fan in Inverness as it feels they're the 4th best supported team in their own town:

Rangers
Celtic
County
Then Caley Thistle

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

A Teams

B Teams

C side League

D Iddies League

12 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwYGGXVWUAIlKTo?format=jpg&name=medium

Seems to be a bit of that going on in Aberdeen at the minute.  Presumably those dashing looking chaps will be back with the banner when lockdown is over and Aberdeen are at home as well?