dumpweed

What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

19 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Wont all the pubs be showing Everton-Liverpool?

No, because the celtic v the rangers game is the best/biggest in the world 

I, for one, am completely behind the 'Send Old Firm Fans to Blackpool' initiative. Scottish society will surely, on the whole, benefit.

Though I'm not sure who's being punished - Old Firm Fans or Blackpool. 

1 hour ago, Steve McQueen said:

Wont all the pubs be showing Everton-Liverpool?

It would be absolutely brilliant if bus loads of them turned up and that was indeed the case and only one pub was showing the Sevco Celtic game, and because of restrictions only about 20 folk were allowed in.

It's almost as if the football is so ganting in the The Rangers v Celtic game you can only watch it through beer goggles. Surely not!

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It would be absolutely brilliant if bus loads of them turned up and that was indeed the case and only one pub was showing the Sevco Celtic game, and because of restrictions only about 20 folk were allowed in.

Only six from each bus surely, six green and six blue

I say let them go, then close the border. 

But really, what kind of message would it send if, as has been suggested / begged for on several media platforms,  Sky were to make the game available for free or even if fans were to be allowed in, simply because they can’t be trusted to obey the law and not have mass gatherings in each other’s houses? Basically reinforcing negative behaviour. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

On 15/10/2020 at 01:29, Junior_Arab said:

I say let them go, then close the border. 

But really, what kind of message would it send if, as has been suggested / begged for on several media platforms,  Sky were to make the game available for free or even if fans were to be allowed in, simply because they can’t be trusted to obey the law and not have mass gatherings in each other’s houses? Basically reinforcing negative behaviour. 

Quite agree. The police should be deployed in huge numbers to reinforce restrictions, preferably armed to the teeth and with as many dogs as they can muster. 

Where has the idea come from that the only occasion that poses a risk of people having house parties is while watching a Rangers v Celtic match?

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Where has the idea come from that the only occasion that poses a risk of people having house parties is while watching a Rangers v Celtic match?

The media mainly.

Especially Tam Cowan.

Indeed. I'd really hope then that there are additional police resources and dogs deployed to reinforce restrictions during the first top-flight New Firm Derby in years tomorrow.

Wonder why the OF morons are being targeted?????

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I wonder what background crowd noise would be chosen by Sky for the game

Will it be an old recording of a previous match featuring those "traditional" chants that make the rest of us cringe?

I don't think I've watched a Rangers v Celtic game for over 20 years. As The Smiths sang it "has nothing to say about my life"

26 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Is that because they can't really call it the old firm derby now after 2012 saw one half die? 

I don't recall that event.

Do you have a source?