What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Absolutely get that and I agree there should should be more Saturday 3pm kick offs in general. But there is a fine balance between looking after fans who attend matches (which should always be priority) and getting teams on TV for the average punter to watch.

Is there also not the danger that with less TV exposure, shirt sponsors may be put off investing the same as they do now?

I also took issue to the previous posters suggestion no one wants to watch Aberdeen v Hamilton. A lot of people do. If its true that not all the Edinburgh and Dundee derbies will be televised, I personally will be gutted. Those games, especially the Dundee ones, are usually a great watch.

But anyway, we'll see what it's like next season I suppose.

Maybe itll encourage people to actually go to games, if it's harder to watch. 

Could go either way really, but the more 3PM Saturday kick offs the better, I dont bother with a season ticket as theres a fair chance I'll miss a handful of home games due to them being moved. I dont think it even happens much to us beyond OF games, but theres always that risk.

Scrapping the winter break and having less games on midweek would also be preferable.

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

What makes you think that an extra 12 games a season would be worth £10m?

I was more meaning if it went up by 12 to 72, so an extra 24 games. If 48 games are worth £32m, then it's hardly unreasonable to think the SPFL could get £42m for 72 games.

I appreciate we don't just want Hamilton vs Aberdeen, but I would love to see Hibs vs Killie, or Hearts vs Aberdeen, or possibly Ross County vs Inverness.

I would have prefered if there was set kick-off times, a 6pm Saturday kick-off as muted by Dave Cormack and a 2pm Sunday Kick-off as the live TV games. With the Friday night being reserved for live Championship games.

7 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:
25k a week for some Celtic players. 

60k a year at most for some Saints, Livi, St. Mirren etc players. 

Unimaginable...

All that footballing knowledge and will to win is worth every penny IMO.

9 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

I was more meaning if it went up by 12 to 72, so an extra 24 games. If 48 games are worth £32m, then it's hardly unreasonable to think the SPFL could get £42m for 72 games.

I appreciate we don't just want Hamilton vs Aberdeen, but I would love to see Hibs vs Killie, or Hearts vs Aberdeen, or possibly Ross County vs Inverness.

I would have prefered if there was set kick-off times, a 6pm Saturday kick-off as muted by Dave Cormack and a 2pm Sunday Kick-off as the live TV games. With the Friday night being reserved for live Championship games.

Do SKY have the capacity, or will, to show more games? I thought they'll have costed against the returns and viewing figures. With 48 they get the majority of games they get value from. They won't show games just as a service to people who can't make it or just like watching.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Do SKY have the capacity, or will, to show more games? I thought they'll have costed against the returns and viewing figures. With 48 they get the majority of games they get value from. They won't show games just as a service to people who can't make it or just like watching.

Well, they can show 156 Championship games per season.

Sky were only offered a package of 48 games. I'm sure they would have prefered more games, as in the next EPL contract they're losing one package of games to BT.

44 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Well, they can show 156 Championship games per season.

Sky were only offered a package of 48 games. I'm sure they would have prefered more games, as in the next EPL contract they're losing one package of games to BT.

I'm sure they could fit them in, but that number indicates where they see the value to them. I suppose they could come back for more, as someone suggested, if they aren't able to fill the gaps with something they deem to be better.

Is La Liga, or any of the other European stuff up for grabs?

I'm sure they could fit them in, but that number indicates where they see the value to them. I suppose they could come back for more, as someone suggested, if they aren't able to fill the gaps with something they deem to be better.
Is La Liga, or any of the other European stuff up for grabs?
LaLiga won't be as Premier Sports have not long launched a dedicated LaLiga channel showing all games live sans Saturday 3pm.

On 19/01/2018 at 15:23, Arch Stanton said:

Toliets.JPG.54f0a98d0eec10eda7c8a16688488be9.JPG

Tinpot journalism for a tinpot story.

The 2nd occurrence has me thinking that they genuinely think that's the correct spelling.  :unsure:

On 02/03/2020 at 15:13, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

25k a week for some Celtic players. 

60k a year at most for some Saints, Livi, St. Mirren etc players. 

Unimaginable...

Did you enjoy St Johnstone winning the Scottish Cup any less because (roughly) 35 of the 42 clubs from the top 4 divisions had less of a budget than you did?  

Did you enjoy St Johnstone winning the Scottish Cup any less because (roughly) 35 of the 42 clubs from the top 4 divisions had less of a budget than you did?  
There's 'less of a budget' and then there's blow you out the water territory. Can't really be compared.

Of course, our budget will be higher than most of the clubs in the leagues below us but not to the point where the difference is buying players for several million quid on a regular basis.

Fair play, you win loads of games and cups and yeah, that must be fun but you can never contend that it's not slightly hollow.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

They didn't though, that's just lies.

Also who has a comparable budget to Celtic in Scotland? Nobody not even the tribute.

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Do you enjoy Celtic winning everything despite Celtic have the same budget as all of those 35 teams combined?

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.