What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

That Scotsport highlights show from the early 2000's presented by the brother of that guy who won Big Brother and the Irish lassie with the huskie voice and huge chebs that was aired about 11.30  on a fucking Monday night.

Featured less than five minutes per game even of the highlight match and half an hour of adverts, stupid gimmicks and said Irish lassie asking Livingston fans in the studio if they thought they should have had a penalty v St Mirren while they stared down her top.

23 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

That Scotsport highlights show from the early 2000's presented by the brother of that guy who won Big Brother and the Irish lassie with the huskie voice and huge chebs that was aired about 11.30  on a fucking Monday night.

Featured less than five minutes per game even of the highlight match and half an hour of adverts, stupid gimmicks and said Irish lassie asking Livingston fans in the studio if they thought they should have had a penalty v St Mirren while they stared down her top.

I sure I remember same Rangers fan on there saying they should play Dado AND Prso up front! He looked and sounded like he'd been on the glue!

8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Bang on. I remember in a thread about the challenge cup allowing colts teams in arguing that it was a bad thing as it was a way of eventually sneaking teams into the league. The response was exactly as you say no chance, never happen.

If that article is genuine, it basically tells us that the old firm are willing to bribe their colt teams into the league.  They guarantee a minimum of 250 away fans at £10 per head. They would play all fixtures away from home during the two year pilot. They know clubs at that level are tight for cash and would find it hard to turn it down.

So, basically, buy your way in then once you're in you're in, they're not going to be kicked out. A year further on any benefits the other clubs have received are gradually eroded, hibs hearts and Aberdeen want a piece of the action and one by one more of the wee teams slide out of the league set up and into oblivion.

It stinks. I'd hope fans of all clubs threaten a massive boycott of all Scottish league games next season if this goes ahead. 

This latest Colts shite is an absolute textbook example of the "pure bitter rivals" acting together in their mutual interest and attempting a stitch-up for themselves as they always do. The grubby bung to the smallest clubs is as tawdry and blatant as it gets in Scottish Football and anyone that thinks it really would be a two year trial shouldn't be allowed out on their own.  

And if the trial is judged a success by Rangers and Celtic on their own terms? There is every chance that the other 10 Premiership clubs (or the top 2 tiers of academies) would want to take up their "rightful" spot in the league setup - what then? 

Sadly, I can see this happening if the powerpoint presentations are already on their way round - the top tier clubs will see this as a good thing out of self-interest (under the fig-leaf of Project Brave) - and sadly, there will be nowhere near the level of outrage required from the general support of those clubs (as opposed to the type that hang about on P&B) to make Boards think twice.

It was easy to get people whipped up when new Rangers were trying to be inserted straight into the top league against any principals of integrity or justice - it was a simple message and it directly affected the supports of the biggest clubs. The Challenge Cup colts stuff points to the fact that when the "victims" are to be Edinburgh City or Cowdenbeath, etc, the proposal will be met with a shrug of the shoulders.

10 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Scotsport SPL. Christ, I remember that.

The Only an Excuse spoof of that was pretty much bang on; "Welcome to Scotsport SPL! Ten minutes of football highlights... in an hour long show."

7 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Scotsport SPL. Christ, I remember that.

The Only an Excuse spoof of that was pretty much bang on; "Welcome to Scotsport SPL! Ten minutes of football highlights... in an hour long show."

It tells you something when an Only An Excuse spoof of something is better than the thing itself.

Although to be fair this was around the time OAE started going downhill so a decent sketch isn't altogether surprising.

5 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Sarah "O" couldn't decide whether her accent was Irish, Scottish or Bangladeshi.

I've got a weird memory of her getting booed off the pitch in a game between Livingston and us at Almondvale around that time. It's quite possible I could have dreamt it.

ETA - I assume it was a half-time draw or something rather than her playing as a doughty midfield destroyer for Livingston.

Edited by Swello

It tells you something when an Only An Excuse spoof of something is better than the thing itself.
Although to be fair this was around the time OAE started going downhill so a decent sketch isn't altogether surprising.

I went along a couple of times when I lived in Glasgow. It was a fucking shambles of a programme. Sarah O constantly banging on your shoulder as it appears in that sketch to finish up what you are saying is entirely true as well.

Calling the English second tier "The Championship" makes some sort of sense because it's the top division of the EFL (and the winners actually get the pre-92/93 First Division trophy).

But here, our four divisions are all under the one umbrella so it makes zero sense. 

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Untitled-1-copy1.jpg

I have vivid memories of this popping up on P&B, which resulted in one of my favourite P&B posts (can't remember who posted it so can't give credit) - paraphrasing a bit but it was along the lines of:

"I don't score many goals myself, but if I did, they'd be 35-yard screamers into the top corner"