What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

On 2/21/2019 at 18:21, senorsoupe said:

At least Simon Murray is pretending to look happy, unlike the dad in the Hearts advert who looks fucking miserable

That's because he has sand in his pie, I think she does too but she's putting a brave face on it. 

2w36ntv.thumb.jpg.a14e69382da755cca248f854ad335655.jpg.1ae5c28dfc98a636a2780ecafcb296d8.jpg

Guest Moomintroll
That's because he has sand in his pie, I think she does too but she's putting a brave face on it. 
2w36ntv.thumb.jpg.a14e69382da755cca248f854ad335655.jpg.1ae5c28dfc98a636a2780ecafcb296d8.jpg

Seriously, did he win a competition or is it some St. Pauli style marketing campaign?

40 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
On 22/02/2019 at 18:55, killiekranky said:

Seriously, did he win a competition or is it some St. Pauli style marketing campaign?

I don't know how St Paul market, but it's surely not much of a prize to be called ugly as the punchline to a joke. 

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I don't know how St Paul market, but it's surely not much of a prize to be called ugly as the punchline to a joke. 

Indeed. The marketing only makes sense if the target market are already resigned to the fact that they're ugly.

Guest Moomintroll
St. Pauli used to use fans to market their new kit launches, they would usually be calorifically challenged or have massive black eyes.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

I was taken into hospitality when the Brechin Posties were match sponsors. It looked like a bomb had gone off, mangled bodies, people barely alive. I stayed for a couple of hours, it was a good night.

Having a sponsorship deal that is worth less then the Women's Super League gets in England.

The Scottish Professional Football League is close to agreeing an extended and improved sponsorship deal with Ladbrokes.

A deal worth up to £5m over two seasons will take the bookmakers' sponsoring of the league through to 2020.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42660481

Barclays is to become the Women's Super League first ever title sponsor, in a deal the Football Association has called "the biggest ever investment in UK women's sport by a brand".

The three-year partnership, understood to be worth in excess of £10m, will start from next season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47605807

35 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Having a sponsorship deal that is worth less then the Women's Super League gets in England.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42660481

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47605807

Yearly SPFL is slightly more but it is still an absolute joke given if its their first sponsorship.

1 minute ago, Wile E Coyote said:

It's not. SPFL is 5million over 2 years , 2.5 million per year.

Ladies is 10 million over 3 years. 3.33 million per year

ah bollocks right enough misread article. Would be interesting to see the 'superleague' viewing  figures as I'm guessing the attendance will be pretty low compared to ours.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

ah bollocks right enough misread article. Would be interesting to see the 'superleague' viewing  figures as I'm guessing the attendance will be pretty low compared to ours.

According to the article there are only 11 teams in the woman's superleague so more money shared among fewer teams. 

Really does put the SPFL deal to shame