What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

back in my days as match secretary for a tinpot East of Scotland League club you used to phone your opponent's secretary on a Thursday night and agree which kits would be worn and then phone the referee and inform him of the kits that would be worn. If the ref had a problem with the kits it could be sorted beforehand (and was on one or two occasions, usually involving sock colours). 
With similar colours have Aberdeen played in red against Hearts in maroon or Arbroath in maroon against Brechin in red recently? 
I don't remember ever seeing Dons v Hearts when both teams were in their current (we changed from black and gold to red in the 1940s) home colours. Same for Dons v Dundee United which also now appears to be considered a clash, although I've seen pictures of red v tangerine in the 70s/80s. We also normally have to change against Motherwell but that seems to be dependent on the whims of the ref, how much claret they have in their kit that season, and how much marketing of their away kit either club is doing.

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

back in my days as match secretary for a tinpot East of Scotland League club you used to phone your opponent's secretary on a Thursday night and agree which kits would be worn and then phone the referee and inform him of the kits that would be worn. If the ref had a problem with the kits it could be sorted beforehand (and was on one or two occasions, usually involving sock colours). 

With similar colours have Aberdeen played in red against Hearts in maroon or Arbroath in maroon against Brechin in red recently? 

We played in our home strip away to Dundee yesterday, both technically blue.

1 hour ago, resk said:
11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I don't remember ever seeing Dons v Hearts when both teams were in their current (we changed from black and gold to red in the 1940s) home colours. Same for Dons v Dundee United which also now appears to be considered a clash, although I've seen pictures of red v tangerine in the 70s/80s. We also normally have to change against Motherwell but that seems to be dependent on the whims of the ref, how much claret they have in their kit that season, and how much marketing of their away kit either club is doing.

I can't recall seeing Hearts and Aberdeen lining up against each other in home kits either, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn it happened regularly in the past.  I'm pretty certain that Dundee United and Aberdeen often wore their regular kits frequently in fixtures between the two, when the sides were dominant.

There seems to be little consistency.  For instance, we've occasionally seen no changes when playing Dundee, but usually there is.  Similarly, you often now see goalkeepers or even officials wearing kits that could constitute a clash.

Of course the question being screamed by yesterday's events, is why the Hell didn't Dumbarton just take their regular colours with them?  There would then have been no possibility of a problem.  The tendency of clubs to change needlessly, plays a part in all this.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I can't recall seeing Hearts and Aberdeen lining up against each other in home kits either, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn it happened regularly in the past.  I'm pretty certain that Dundee United and Aberdeen often wore their regular kits frequently in fixtures between the two, when the sides were dominant.
There seems to be little consistency.  For instance, we've occasionally seen no changes when playing Dundee, but usually there is.  Similarly, you often now see goalkeepers or even officials wearing kits that could constitute a clash.
Of course the question being screamed by yesterday's events, is why the Hell didn't Dumbarton just take their regular colours with them?  There would then have been no possibility of a problem.  The tendency of clubs to change needlessly, plays a part in all this.

It is unexplainable why dumbarton didn't take their home kit. It is however equally poor that stenny refused to play in their change kit

6 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

This belongs here

IMG_3337.thumb.jpg.c779d15ae1b5495877f1c096a68c8a78.jpg

These things cost money. How does it get made without one of the 'designers' or even one of the printers noticing that the punctuation is wrong?

The above deserves to be seen by more folk. 

It was Falkirk's attempt at some sort of display yesterday. I believe it should say FFC but no idea what that thing in the right section is supposed to be

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It was Falkirk's attempt at some sort of display yesterday. I believe it should say FFC but no idea what that thing in the right section is supposed to be

probably should have said "FFS" instead!

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Cheers for clarifying that, had zero idea.

Would be a decent quiz question that :lol:

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

That isn't real

… is it?

Yes, yes it is. They also had a Wehrmacht troop train on their rememberance day edition of their programme around then :lol: