What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

How about buying your rivals old stand then letting it rust for about a decade without putting it up?

That is quite tin pot, to be fair. A rather rusty shade of tin now likely.

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We've not had a game called off due to the playing surface since the pitch was laid.

Think one was called off due to travelling conditions and another was stopped mid match to clear snow that had fallen during the game then resumed.

It's cool that you're taking such a keen interest in the Tin Pot thread. If ever a description suited a football club, it's Morton.

Same here (not the surface bit). One game against Hibs due to flooded roads around the ground even though the pitch was fine.

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We've not had a game called off due to the playing surface since the pitch was laid.

Think one was called off due to travelling conditions and another was stopped mid match to clear snow that had fallen during the game then resumed.

It's cool that you're taking such a keen interest in the Tin Pot thread. If ever a description suited a football club, it's Morton.

To be fair, Morton would require massive investment to achieve Tin-Pot.

Betting Scandals, Ray Mckinnon, flat pack stadiums still in the box ...........

It's clubs like Morton that give Tin-Pottedness a bad name.

When a complete lump of wood signed for 20k, having failed to score a single goal at Chorley, North Ferriby United and Barrow, comes to Aberdeen and proceeds to destroy the top flight including "title challengers" Hearts.

Edited by red23

3 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
7 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
Credit to [mention=71221]senorsoupe[/mention]tapatalk_1545497880745.png.e63fe91de7d257822301f5cb3f664b72.png

Thats an awful thing to say about Grimbo.

that was my christmas present to him- I couldn't find a box alas....! 

I take it Ian McCall couldn't find a shoe in time!!
St Johnstone once had an assistant manager, Steve Harrison, whose party piece was apparently to perch on top of a chest of drawers and accurately shit into a small paper cup. Just let that sink in.

I think he quit after 2 days in the job(by?) because of the negative publicity.

God bless the wilderness years!

Saints On This Day‏ @SaintsOTD Dec 19
Steve Harrison resigns as coach less than 2 days into the job in 1992 after adverse publicity over his dismissal from Millwall a year ago.
DuxCTb9W0AExsxG.jpg

As featured by the superb Saints on this Day twitter.

I always thought there was more to his short stay than his party piece as that was known before his appointment and rumours of him coming up, taking one look around and deciding 'what the f**k have I done' before heading back south were floating around. 

The disappearance of the media goodwill reference is down to the weegie *** lovers not forgiving Saints for sacking Totten.  They still haven't.