What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

12 hours ago, one m in Motherwell said:

It’s like a cross between Peter Kay and Rudolf Hess.

"Eee, they don't make Nazi propaganda jingles like they used to, do they? Who remembers this one - sing along if you know it: 'Deutschland Deutschland uber alles...'"

On 25/05/2023 at 13:33, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hamilton's twitter account may be a bit tinpot but they're on that list of teams in the U18 league.

What's more tinpot is that St Johnstone, Livingston, Kilmarnock and Ross County aren't 

In our case not selected, in part due to Geography

We are stuck at the level below , winning the league below on Friday evening and then the cup on Sunday at 17's for the second year in a row.

Sadly the league table sums up just how tin pot this league is.

3rd place loses almost 5 times as many games as 2nd place and the best of the rest can't even make it into plus goals.

tinpot.JPG

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

9 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

3rd place loses almost 5 times as many games as 2nd place and the best of the rest can't even make it into plus goals.

tinpot.JPG

What’s funny about that is nearly half of our conceded goals came in 6 games. 

2 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

tinpot.JPG

Third place on a negative goal difference. That must be a first.

2 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

tinpot.JPG

Posts like this are really boring.

I bet you put a stone in your shoe every morning just to make sure youre miserable all day.

2 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Third place on a negative goal difference. That must be a first.

It's the first time for the top flight, but it has happened a few times in the lower tiers - most recently Airdrie in League 1 in 2016/17. Shows how tinpot that league is I suppose.

Edited by craigkillie

On 28/05/2023 at 14:43, Derry Alli said:

I seen this on Twitter earlier and one Rangers supporter said he looks like he had a stroke. It was replied to by a Celtic fan saying someone called Flint is in a wheelchair and won't walk again. As I continued to read the replies apparently there was an orange walk that walked past a 'Catholic pub' and that was unacceptable. I've no idea what a Catholic pub is but that video of apparent unacceptable behaviour was replied to with Celtic supporters standing under a bridge at the Coronation banging drums and singing songs telling the Brits to get out of Ireland, yesterday.

I'll give you this, it's something else.

There is Old Firm fans in Scotland that won’t be happy until they get to run about the streets throwing petrol bombs at police cars and segregating their neighbourhoods by religious beliefs. I would suggest to those people that if they really want to get involved in that you can get a flight to Belfast in under 40 minutes from Glasgow Airport, go and knock yourselves out. 

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Posts like this are really boring.

I bet you put a stone in your shoe every morning just to make sure youre miserable all day.

If you're happy with substandard uncompetitive drivel masquerading as a 'top flight football league' then good for you and so glad you've a smile on your face. But personally I find the passive acceptance of this shite far more boring. 

13 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

If you're happy with substandard uncompetitive drivel masquerading as a 'top flight football league' then good for you and so glad you've a smile on your face. But personally I find the passive acceptance of this shite far more boring. 

All the table tells you with Aberdeen losing 17 games, coming third with a negative goal difference is that the league outside the top 2 is very competative.  Like pretty much every league in Europe.  Do you think it would say more if Aberdeen didn't lose to Hearts, Hibs, St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Dundee United, Livingston and Motherwell this season?  

Edited by Antiochas III

3 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

There is Old Firm fans in Scotland that won’t be happy until they get to run about the streets throwing petrol bombs at police cars and segregating their neighbourhoods by religious beliefs. I would suggest to those people that if they really want to get involved in that you can get a flight to Belfast in under 40 minutes from Glasgow Airport, go and knock yourselves out. 

Yeah! Send these bigots back where they came from! We don't want their sort round here!

Am I doing this right?