What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

7 hours ago, virginton said:

Hamilton's youth system is a completely unsustainable vanity project which is why - if you've been paying attention at all recently - you'd notice that their first team and operating business are getting flushed down the lavvy, never to return.

I remember them being called an unflushable jobby when they kept staying in the premiership. Water always wins in the end.

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'm in Prestwick for a day out supporting a couple of PT fans that I know. Heading to Ayr soon.

Some other guys joined us, one of which has just tied this abomination to the fence of the beer garden in The Red Lion pub.

20230526_172254.jpg

We will remember what? Finishing bottom of a league and thus being fairly and legitimately relegated?

10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'm in Prestwick for a day out supporting a couple of PT fans that I know. Heading to Ayr soon.

Some other guys joined us, one of which has just tied this abomination to the fence of the beer garden in The Red Lion pub.

20230526_172254.jpg

What if one of them reads P&B and offers you out for your cheek?

12 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Albion Rovers rebrand to Shamrock Rovers Coatbridge bid revealed as consortium call on current board to resign

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/albion-rovers-rebrand-shamrock-rovers-30080932

What’s the most “Tin pot” thing you’ve seen in the Lowland League? thread for this pish. 

6 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

20230526_172254.jpg

What was Dominic Cumming doing there? 

15 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Albion Rovers rebrand to Shamrock Rovers Coatbridge bid revealed as consortium call on current board to resign

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/albion-rovers-rebrand-shamrock-rovers-30080932

If there's any truth in this whatsoever it's simply a cheap attempt at playing into the Catholic population of the town to gain control of the club. However 99% of the population pass by Cliftonhill on a daily basis without giving the place a second glance. 

You've got to wonder what the motives are of the consortium behind it. Outwith a few hundred hardy souls at best, not a single cvnt had cared about them for decades. Apart from a possible first few weeks of artificially boosted crowds through curiosity it will all fall on its arse and back to where its always been.

If a takeover goes ahead I pray it goes tits up within weeks, as it should. In this day and age we should be getting rid of mindless bigotry and sectarianism, not promoting it. The few hardy souls who follow them deserve better than that.

Edited by 'WellDel

Vanity project by a guy who’s made money but obviously not enough for anything tangible at Parkhead.

So to stroke his ego a club which will always be the second result he checks on his phone at 16:50 gets rebranded and the diehards are alienated.

But yeah what Lanarkshire needs is yet another “them and us” vehicle, we’re pretty short on them ……

10 hours ago, AuAl said:

Lee Bullen having a singsong with his adoring happy clappers immediately after we've been pumped 8-0 on aggregate.

https://twitter.com/itzdrk/status/1662230351912087554?s=20

Apparently a few directors there too? 

19 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Apparently a few directors there too? 

Aye. I find it absolutely mental.

Overall, it's been a relatively good season for Ayr (mostly due to one player). But there's a very strange bunch of our support that are happy to indulge in cult like behaviour for a man that masterminded an 8-0 loss over 180 minutes - as well as several other notable bottle jobs across the season. 

A total fucking riddy.

34 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Most tinpot thing is how many tickets Ross Co have sold for they’d biggest game of the season.  The sooner they make way for a proper club, the better. 

What, a proper club with a grass pitch for example?