What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Trevor ‘The Racist’ Sinclair also played for them despite having zero association with Celtic.

I’ve no idea why any club would want that scumbag linked with them. He comes across as an absolutely vile human being.

I wonder whether the self righteous Celtic fans booed Mr Sinclair and threw bottles and coins in his direction.

26 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Chic Charnley played for Celtic at Mark Hughes testimonial in 1994 at Old Trafford. 

Pretty sure that was the proper Celtic team though and it was used as a trial game to see if we wanted to sign him. Think we offered for him to go on tour after in America as an extended trial but he declined as he had a holiday booked.

Edited by gannonball

18 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Pretty sure that was the proper Celtic team though and it was used as a trial game to see if we wanted to sign him. Think we offered for him to go on tour after in America as an extended trial but he declined as he had a holiday booked.

The guy was an exceptionally talented player but lacked the discipline to make it at the very top.

St Mirren shelled out £225K to bring him back to the club for a second spell under that cnut Hay. We ended up sacking him as he spat on an Ayr Utd player. We got a total of 43 games out of him despite huge outlay and even at one stage giving him the captaincy.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12576164.st-mirren-boot-out-charnley/

I appreciate he is a Thistle legend and a great “character” but he let himself, his employers and his fans down during both stints at Love St.

You only need to look at his career statistics to see evidence of problems elsewhere:

61CB43E1-C65B-4FB9-BE57-F06E187411E2.thumb.jpeg.cac56388548af74b4bf184f1d3cc7d16.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Molotov said:

The guy was an exceptionally talented player but lacked the discipline to make it at the very top.

St Mirren shelled out £225K to bring him back to the club for a second spell under that cnut Hay. We ended up sacking him as he spat on an Ayr Utd player. We got a total of 43 games out of him despite huge outlay and even at one stage giving him the captaincy.

I appreciate he is a Thistle legend and a great “character” but he let himself, his employers and his fans down during both stints at Love St.

You only need to look at his career statistics to see evidence of problems elsewhere:

61CB43E1-C65B-4FB9-BE57-F06E187411E2.thumb.jpeg.cac56388548af74b4bf184f1d3cc7d16.jpeg

Yeah considering he was meant to be a massive Celtic fan punting your chances of signing for them (and make decent cash) so you can go on holiday would suggest he wasn't really the full shilling. Some peg on him though.

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

20 year career all the same.

33 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

20 year career all the same.

Gordon Strachan also.
Difference being that one played the top level all his career and starred at World Cups for Scotland and won major honours.
Charnley was arguably the more naturally gifted player. Just no discipline. 

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

Gordon Strachan also.
Difference being that one played the top level all his career and starred at World Cups for Scotland and won major honours.
Charnley was arguably the more naturally gifted player. Just no discipline. 

hmm

12 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Holding a “fundraiser” to cover the legal fees of your bampot supporters who were fighting over a game of football.

Tin pot doesn't even begin to cover this. They are no words.....

42 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Holding a “fundraiser” to cover the legal fees of your bampot supporters who were fighting over a game of football.

Would have been more accurate if they had said they faced criminal proceedings, tbf.......

6 hours ago, bennett said:

Don't act like neds and you won't have any issues. 

Aye, I hope the buckets were left empty.

The UB are an asset in regards to atmosphere and the effort they put into displays. However it is another example which is becoming too common where a fan group gets above their station.

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, I hope the buckets were left empty.

The UB are an asset in regards to atmosphere and the effort they put into displays. However it is another example which is becoming too common where a fan group gets above their station.

They're a vile bunch of aggressive simpletons.

Fans of only two clubs could see such types as assets in any context.

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

They're a vile bunch of aggressive simpletons.

Fans of only two clubs could see such types as assets in any context.

I specified the instances where I believe that to be true (atmosphere and tifo displays). It is undeniable that they enhance both of those aspects.

Stop trying to be obtuse and criticise me for something that is no way controversial or noteworthy.

On 27/03/2023 at 10:28, gannonball said:

Yeah considering he was meant to be a massive Celtic fan punting your chances of signing for them (and make decent cash) so you can go on holiday would suggest he wasn't really the full shilling. Some peg on him though.

Yon chart is inaccurate with regard to his Rob Roy spell, no doubt due to the incompetence of the SJFA at match stats along with absolutely everything else. I have no idea how many games he played for us but I remember umpteen 30-yard goals and umpteen red cards, sometimes in the same game.