What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

45 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Fans of the cheeks having to categorise everything in their life into either pro-Celtic or pro-Rangers. 

7CF76A43-9E91-465D-920D-CDA4D5E7D78F.thumb.jpeg.a6effb649c0e5fbace33f71d1bce2cd4.jpeg

Unsure of the context, but what is borderline about supporting Scotland if you're Scottish?

On 23/03/2023 at 10:07, AJF said:

Unsure of the context, but what is borderline about supporting Scotland if you're Scottish?

Was talking about player availability for the Scotland team with an Ibrox season ticket holder at work a couple of years back. The guy got really mad with me and stuck a finger in my face saying ... "Club before country pal, club before country, and don't you ever forget it" ...

I'm afraid Scotland comes in a long and far distant second place ...

15 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Was talking about player availability for the Scotland team with an Ibrox season ticket holder at work a couple of years back. The guy got really mad with me and stuck a finger in my face saying ... "Club before country pal, club before country, and don't you ever forget it" ...

Was there not a survey of the Tartan Army and they had the most amount of fans in it though? It's club before country as well for me and tbh alot of fans of other clubs would say the same tbh. That wasn't the case when I was a kid but when you start going to games regularly my interest in my national team dropped tbh. This is a big generalisation here but those I know who are tartan army members generally don't go to alot of domestic games. On here will be alot different though would say 

4 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

If Ryan Jack's performance yesterday is the standard coming out of Ibrox, let's hope all Rangers players put club before country. 

6 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

By "club", they mean the English National Football Club. They're an odd bunch.

6 hours ago, gannonball said:

Was there not a survey of the Tartan Army and they had the most amount of fans in it though? It's club before country as well for me and tbh alot of fans of other clubs would say the same tbh. That wasn't the case when I was a kid but when you start going to games regularly my interest in my national team dropped tbh. This is a big generalisation here but those I know who are tartan army members generally don't go to alot of domestic games. On here will be alot different though would say 

Yep, not that it makes a difference to Livi just now, but anytime we had a player going to play for their Country, whether it was Scotland or another one, i selfishly would've rather they hadn't got called up, esp if it was when we were playing a game ourselves and would miss them playing for us. Not so bad now with the top flight games having International breaks, but you just want them to get back injury free.

Saying that we still get dosh whenever Dykes plays for Scotland so that's good, esp as he's not even playing for us now.

14 minutes ago, Clangers said:

intriguing! why is that? 

Built into the contract with the add ons when we sold him to QPR, also have to pay us a few hundred thousand if they get promoted to the Premiership, and/or sell him to anther club, and QoTS would get a percentage of that money too.

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

If Ryan Jack's performance yesterday is the standard coming out of Ibrox, let's hope all Rangers players put club before country. 

I'm not Jack's biggest fan but I thought he was good in the first half.

Shouldn't be getting a game ahead of McTominay, Ferguson or Gilmour though.

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Built into the contract with the add ons when we sold him to QPR, also have to pay us a few hundred thousand if they get promoted to the Premiership, and/or sell him to anther club, and QoTS would get a percentage of that money too.

I think that deal was only for his first 10-15 appearances. The surprise was that he ended up playing them almost all in the one year

7 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Si Ferry being part of the Celtic "Legends" team despite never getting a first team appearance.

I suppose if Gordon Ramsay ever played for the other cheek in a similar thing then fair enough.

Trevor ‘The Racist’ Sinclair also played for them despite having zero association with Celtic.

I’ve no idea why any club would want that scumbag linked with them. He comes across as an absolutely vile human being.

7 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Si Ferry being part of the Celtic "Legends" team despite never getting a first team appearance.

I suppose if Gordon Ramsay ever played for the other cheek in a similar thing then fair enough.

Chic Charnley played for Celtic at Mark Hughes testimonial in 1994 at Old Trafford.