What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

23-11=12

It’s almost as if I didn’t account for nobody having won anything in the seven weeks of 2023 yet, so didn’t poin out that it’s not really worth counting and you didn’t completely ignore it just to suit your argument.

Edited by Toby

3 hours ago, Empty It said:

Since Sevco fans are so concerned about this maybe they can work on Oldco paying back the millions in taxes they decided to bump and we can invest that with the NHS.

From a Hearts fan too.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Unfortunately, he’s probably right and being honest. It’s a deeply unhealthy place for the game to be in but no one seems to care. 

Worse than that.  

It's portrayed as positively healthy and something we were desperate to get back after a few years without it.

41 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hearts are hardly paragons of virtue but there’s a significant difference between negotiating a pence in the pound deal with creditors and liquidating/setting up a Phoenix company to absolve yourself completely. 

Of course there is a difference, I don’t think anyone is suggesting otherwise.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Of course there is a difference, I don’t think anyone is suggesting otherwise.

You suggested a hearts fan shouldn’t hold a view on rangers quite literally shafting their creditors because of the admin they went through. You were wrong. 

51 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You suggested a hearts fan shouldn’t hold a view on rangers quite literally shafting their creditors because of the admin they went through. You were wrong. 

They can hold any view they want, and I’m not suggesting the circumstances were equal at all, but I don’t think you can argue that in both instances, creditors were shafted by both clubs so it was a tad hypocritical in my opinion.

ETA: you also paint a picture as if Rangers didn’t try and negotiate a pence in the pound deal and simply walked away from debts owed. They tried to, but HMRC as priority creditor rejected it.

Edited by AJF

8 hours ago, AJF said:

Aye, it always amuses me when a Hearts fan pipes up about debts owed, as if they never screwed a bunch of creditors.

Honking banner from the UB, though. 

Youre both as scummy as each other. :) 

edit. Nah - you boys are much worse. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

20 hours ago, AJF said:

They can hold any view they want, and I’m not suggesting the circumstances were equal at all, but I don’t think you can argue that in both instances, creditors were shafted by both clubs so it was a tad hypocritical in my opinion.

ETA: you also paint a picture as if Rangers didn’t try and negotiate a pence in the pound deal and simply walked away from debts owed. They tried to, but HMRC as priority creditor rejected it.

A cynical person might suggest that Rangers (RIP) deliberately ran up such large debts (e.g. By not payin VAT) so as to tie the hands of the administrators into having to liquidate the assets and make trading through admin impossible. Along with dodgy Dave bringing a large amount of money into the country at the same time it does look like the prepack admin was the idea all along. I'm sure Rangers tried really really hard but HMRC were just unreasonable. 

Hearts on the other hand simply spent the proceeds of embezzling from East European pensioners, so that's fine.