What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Michael Beale is climbing his way up the charts here. 

I thought he was a sensible appointment but given he has had a few whoppers whilst doing well I can see him going Covid Lennon when form starts to dip. Love it when Scottish football is full of roasters but just as long it's not at your club.

26 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I thought he was a sensible appointment but given he has had a few whoppers whilst doing well I can see him going Covid Lennon when form starts to dip. Love it when Scottish football is full of roasters but just as long it's not at your club.

Don’t know about roasters but your clubs fans have a chip on their shoulder about the perception of referees being against them.

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Don’t know about roasters but your clubs fans have a chip on their shoulder about the perception of referees being against them

You only need to click on just about every match thread involving Celtic or Rangers to realise that it perception of bias is routed in every fan base at the top level. Anyway not quite sure why you have brought this in to discussion on this thread tbh.

21 minutes ago, gannonball said:

You only need to click on just about every match thread involving Celtic or Rangers to realise that it perception of bias is routed in every fan base at the top level. Anyway not quite sure why you have brought this in to discussion on this thread tbh.

‘Roasters’ , ‘Chip’ - it was intended as a joke or play on words mate.

Crikey, the chip on your shoulder is really big. You’ve actually proved a point I didn’t even intend to make 😂.

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

‘Roasters’ , ‘Chip’ - it was intended as a joke or play on words mate.

Crikey, the chip on your shoulder is really big. You’ve actually proved a point I didn’t even intend to make 😂.

Bit of a wedge that play on words imo. Least you got a greenie off my forum follower though.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Bit of a wedge that play on words imo. Least you got a greenie off my forum follower though.

I would join in with the potato jokes but I don't see the a peel

I'll get my jacket

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

21 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

I really don't like the blazers that run our game, I really don't.  But for once in my life I had to agree with their approach when the pandemic hit.  I mean, what could they do?  A full blown pandemic hits the globe with no warning, national regulations mean remaining games can't be played, commercial interests meant the season couldn't be declared null and void - so what choice was there?  Decisions on promotion/relegation had to be made.  The only sensible approach was to take an objective statistical based approach using the evidence of the first 3/4 of the season already played - ie make the assessment on points achieved per game - and that's what they did.  OK, it wasn't perfect, and there would always be folk saying "aye but we could have won all of our remaining games" - all ifs and buts.

My team (QOS) got lucky, no question, we fell just on the right side of the line and Partick went down from the Championship - I felt a bit of a fraud as we were rank that season also and felt for the Thistle fans.  But for wee Budgie (with the Jags in tow) to get on her high horse over this and piss good money away on bloody lawyers was ridiculous - and no I'm not anti-Hearts (being Gorgie born and my dad/son both being Jambos).  I just couldn't see what else the blazers could have done in the circumstances.

But there were 8 games to go…..

59 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think we should have a potato famine joke tbh

What's completely silent, invisible and odourless but is absolutely deadly to Irish people?

Spoiler

Zero potatoes!

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

On 16/02/2023 at 13:55, Otis Blue said:

My team (QOS) got lucky, no question, we fell just on the right side of the line and Partick went down from the Championship - I felt a bit of a fraud as we were rank that season also and felt for the Thistle fans.  But for wee Budgie (with the Jags in tow) to get on her high horse over this and piss good money away on bloody lawyers was ridiculous - and no I'm not anti-Hearts (being Gorgie born and my dad/son both being Jambos).  I just couldn't see what else the blazers could have done in the circumstances.

Yip, all of this.

We were rotten and I think most Queens fans felt we were heading to the bottom - I know I felt sure of it.

We got bloody lucky and Thistle were unlucky.

As you say though, it was probably the best option available in terms of fairness, even if it was far from ideal.

The posturing of the clubs, alongside some media nonsense, was laughable though.  There was coverage that portrayed the decision as entirely arbitrary.  It was as if Thistle had randomly lost a raffle, rather than had their fate decided on the basis of football.

All it did for us was delay what seemed inevitable anyway. 

10 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yip, all of this.

We were rotten and I think most Queens fans felt we were heading to the bottom - I know I felt sure of it.

We got bloody lucky and Thistle were unlucky.

As you say though, it was probably the best option available in terms of fairness, even if it was far from ideal.

The posturing of the clubs, alongside some media nonsense, was laughable though.  There was coverage that portrayed the decision as entirely arbitrary.  It was as if Thistle had randomly lost a raffle, rather than had their fate decided on the basis of football.

All it did for us was delay what seemed inevitable anyway. 

The 'arbitrary' line was pushed a lot by the two clubs and many of their fans. I recall there even being use of it in terms of when the season was called, as that too was just randomly selected. Any sympathy for the two clubs vanished rapidly when their reactions and nonsense started (including the achingly predictable and dull conspiracy theories).

I say 'two' clubs as Stranraer took it fine and acknowledged the difficulty of the situation.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The 'arbitrary' line was pushed a lot by the two clubs and many of their fans. I recall there even being use of it in terms of when the season was called, as that too was just randomly selected. Any sympathy for the two clubs vanished rapidly when their reactions and nonsense started (including the achingly predictable and dull conspiracy theories).

I say 'two' clubs as Stranraer took it fine and acknowledged the difficulty of the situation.

I think a big part of the rubbish that followed, came from the fact that the two clubs from the top divisions that missed out, were relatively big ones.

Hearts was really the biggest club that could conceivably find themselves there.  Similarly, Thistle was a big club to drop to the third tier.

I quite enjoyed the embarrassing, undignified response though.  It very quickly eradicated any guilt about our own hopeless shower hanging on by their finger nails.

20 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think a big part of the rubbish that followed, came from the fact that the two clubs from the top divisions that missed out, were relatively big ones.

Hearts was really the biggest club that could conceivably find themselves there.  Similarly, Thistle was a big club to drop to the third tier.

I quite enjoyed the embarrassing, undignified response though.  It very quickly eradicated any guilt about our own hopeless shower hanging on by their finger nails.

Agreed 

42 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It was all pretty entertaining. The court case was especially amusing.