What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

3 minutes ago, stressball said:

Probably the quote that’s just playing to the gallery.

What's tin-pot about it though? It's a famous (to Rangers fans, anyway) quote from a previous manager and is a prominent lyric used in one of the few songs that is sang that contains no bigotry or anything untoward.

I'm just not getting what is tin-pot about it.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

What's tin-pot about it though? It's a famous (to Rangers fans, anyway) quote from a previous manager and is a prominent lyric used in one of the few songs that is sang that contains no bigotry or anything untoward.

I'm just not getting what is tin-pot about it.

'Not bigoted' being one of the major plus points for a song is fairly tin pot tbf.

8 minutes ago, stressball said:

The lyrics are also jumbled up from other Rangers songs that do have a bigoted element to them.

Suppose they’ve tried. 

What 😂

”We’ve got the battle fever on” is a famous quote from Jock Wallace:

This has then been incorporated into a song which has the lyrics of:

Follow follow Glasgow Rangers

Follow follow all the way

55 times the Kings of Scotland

The most in football’s history 

We’ve got the battle fever on

Until the day is done

The spirit of Bill Struth it carries on

In what way can you say that is bigoted 😂

Because it contains words from different Rangers songs that are bigoted? Jesus. There is clutching and then there is this.

On 22/01/2023 at 22:08, Blink182 said:

I hadn’t seen that, it’s hilarious!

Getting it wrong was bad enough, but then being told it was a number 9 and boldly showing it the wrong way up again to clarify you still don’t have a clue what the daft wee line below the number means...

“It went so well in rehearsals”

Its hardly some mind-blowing calculus equation you’re being asked to work out here Shaun.

19 minutes ago, MrWorldwideJr said:

'Not bigoted' being one of the major plus points for a song is fairly tin pot tbf.

Our fans get criticised for singing bigoted songs. Then when we sing one that isn't bigoted, it's labelled tin-pot for that very reason 😂

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Our fans get criticised for singing bigoted songs. Then when we sing one that isn't bigoted, it's labelled tin-pot for that very reason 😂

The ridicule of that particular quote, IIRC, goes back to one of the "Union Bears"* minteriffic TIFO displays.

*An absolute minter themselves btw

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

The ridicule of that particular quote, IIRC, goes back to one of the "Union Bears"* minteriffic TIFO displays.

*An absolute minter themselves btw

So it's that TIFO that is tin-pot rather than the use of it here?

I'm just not sure what is tin-pot about the Cantwell tweet, really but I seem to be in the minority 😂

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

So it's that TIFO that is tin-pot rather than the use of it here?

I'm just not sure what is tin-pot about the Cantwell tweet, really but I seem to be in the minority 😂

Dunno. I'm more than happy to accept the tinpot accusation at face value, but we all know my thoughts on Rangers so I'm not looking to investigate further myself.....

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Dunno. I'm more than happy to accept the tinpot accusation at face value, but we all know my thoughts on Rangers so I'm not looking to investigate further myself.....

Haha, aye that's fair.

I'm guessing the person that posted it believed the lyric to be from a "naughty" song and has went in two-footed too early.

I'd assumed "Battle Fever" was one of those things Neil Lennon would say. Turns out I was wrong (that was "Bring the thunder") but in checking I found something weird 
The biggest source of hits for the term on google was "Battle Fever J" a 1980s japanese superhero show
Battle Fever J (TV Series 1979–1980) - IMDb

But the weirdest thing is that BFJ was effectively the precursor to the Power Rangers, coincidence? well probably but lets assume not for fun

Do any other Scottish clubs have mottos that attach them as deeply into geek culture?

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

24 minutes ago, AJF said:

What 😂

Follow follow Glasgow Rangers

Follow follow all the way

55 times the Kings of Scotland

The most in football’s history 

We’ve got the battle fever on

Until the day is done

The spirit of Bill Struth it carries on

Because it contains words from different Rangers songs that are bigoted? Jesus. There is clutching and then there is this.

That particular song is in the minority.

However, it is factually incorrect ..... the lies continue .......

4 hours ago, AJF said:

What 😂

I never said it was bigoted pal, I said it was cobbled together with lyrics from other bigoted songs.