What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

27 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

We all know the real reason they absolutely adore him though 🟠

Arthur C. Clarke once said “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”

Jimmy Bell worked with soap products in Glasgow 

he was basically a wizard over there

On 11/11/2022 at 14:12, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Did you have to look that up or are you just very, very old?

I was 13 at the time and remember it happening for the two rare occurences that happened. A goalie scoring and a team conceding 100 goals in a season. As well as Morton doing it in 1985 as well, Cowdenbeath achieved the same feat in the 2nd tier in 1992/93 when they finished with 109 in the against column. I also remember that Dumbarton faced them when they were sitting on 99 goals and had a teenager playing in goals. I was thoroughly looking forward to us scoring the fateful goal but we drew 0-0. Tinpot indeed!

2 hours ago, jagfox said:

Screenshot_20221117_191719.thumb.jpg.f362cac142f34f6a3006032ce536e907.jpg

Opening 19 November...honest men in bonnie sashes...

When I worked for Top Man in the Kyle Centre, a good few years ago, they had a concession stand in there.

Lasted about 3/4 months before they withdrew due to lack of sales. 

Surprise surprise they left while still owing Top Man rental fees.

God loves a trier.

Edited by C4mmy31

13 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

When I worked for Top Man in the Kyle Centre, a good few years ago, they had a concession stand in there.

Lasted about 3/4 months before they withdrew due to lack of sales. 

Surprise surprise they left while still owing Top Man rental fees.

God loves a trier.

They briefly tried opening Celtic and Rangers stores in Edinburgh and, seemingly blind to the concept of hubris, chose expensive, up market locations in Frederick Street and George Street.

Those sites are now a gentlemen's tailors and the Le Creuset store both of which make far more sense at those addresses

There was a Celtic shop on the Seagate in Dundee for a few years. Thankfully it was boarded up for a bit and it now a Turkish Barber.

Used to enjoy taking a pish on the Rangers shop in Inverness the few times me and some friends stayed over before and after Pars games. Very juvenile behaviour. 

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There was a Celtic shop on the Seagate in Dundee for a few years. Thankfully it was boarded up for a bit and it now a Turkish Barber.

I remember the council kicking up a fuss about the bright green frontage “ruining the aesthetic of the Seagate”.