What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

4 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I don't think you know what a franchise is.

And your previous response shows you have no understanding of what a football club is.

Your franchise is a piece of shite.

Livi can play in the top flight all they want, they can win cups, qualify for Europe. They'll always just be a piece of shite.

Second in distaste levels only to the Old Firm.

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

And your previous response shows you have no understanding of what a football club is.

Your franchise is a piece of shite.

Livi can play in the top flight all they want, they can win cups, qualify for Europe. They'll always just be a piece of shite.

Second in distaste levels only to the Old Firm.

1588503051_tenor(1).gif.057f337d0842f0dd07c8ea3d6e074f6a.gif

To be fair, the way Bill Hunter went about the move is bound to cause grievances for years, even if most of the recent allegations are more 'nudge nudge' rather than hard evidence. 

Without derailing this thread too much,while there has been far too long a list of shady characters involved, I'd say these past 6-7 years have been the most settled. I'd imagine the fact the ground is now surrounded by council houses and a Lidl ruled out any prospective buyers looking for a quick buck. 

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I don't think you know what a franchise is.

In this sense it's clearly referring to the US sports model where the league is a closed shop and the only way for a community to get a team in the national leagues is to get an existing team in another location to move to theirs or hope for an expansion team.

In Livingston's defence there's a case for "Hate the game, not the player" here because that's basically how Scottish Football worked for a century. Waiting for someone else to die was a necessary evil just as Grave Robbers were required for the progress of medicine in 19th century Edinburgh.  But Bill Hunter deliberately running Meadowbank into the buffers is the equivalent of Burke and Hare moving on to manufacturing  the corpses fresh

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

When you nefariously take another club's place and have the temerity to still list their honours won as your own, you should never be accepted as part of the fitba community.

How would you feel if someone moved Dunfermline to St Andrews, called them St Andrews FC and then claimed Dunfermline's history?

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/club/club-honours/

The lack of any real objection to Livingston in Scottish football circles is depressing. I hate them.

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

That’s embarrassing they’re claiming the history of another club 

At least Airdrie don’t try to claim Clydebank achievements 

Livingston didn't take another team's registration into the league, completely different scenario.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I'm not sure what to find particularly aggravating here? Because they relocated from Meadowbank to Livingston?

Exactly, Meadowbank relocated same as Falkirk did, and Airdrie before going bust and taking over Clydebank, or even Meadowbank when they did it previously from Ferranti, only difference is Meadowbank went to another town this time, which was their owners decision, moving staff, players, the whole caboodle to Livingston. It really is quite simple, but these 2 are beyond simple not understanding it.

59 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Exactly, Meadowbank relocated same as Falkirk did, and Airdrie before going bust and taking over Clydebank, or even Meadowbank when they did it previously from Ferranti, only difference is Meadowbank went to another town this time, which was their owners decision, moving staff, players, the whole caboodle to Livingston. It really is quite simple, but these 2 are beyond simple not understanding it.

This is o e of the most risible posts ever made on this forum.

What utter shite.

Changing the name from a works name to one that represents where the club plays is in no way comparable to the outrage that took place in 1995, and for you to even attempt the comparison shows just how indefensible your 'club's' existence is.

As for the second part, f**k me that's just the most laughable load of shite it's possible to type on this topic.

ETA: As mentioned above, however, you can't be a Franchise supporter without viewing it the way you do. You have no choice but to do your mental gymnastics, so good luck to you. Like an Old Firm supporter who has to switch off their brain to what their clubs really are to enjoy the fitba.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

This is o e of the most risible posts ever made on this forum.

What utter shite.

Changing the name from a works name to one that represents where the club plays is in no way comparable to the outrage that took place in 1995, and for you to even attempt the comparison shows just how indefensible your 'club's' existence is.

As for the second part, f**k me that's just the most laughable load of shite it's possible to type on this topic.

Again, what is aggravating you most about a team relocating some 20 odd miles away?

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Relocating, aye?

So, do all the Livi fans sit in the pub pre and post-match reminiscing about the old Meadowbank days?

Afterall, it's the same club and they just 'relocated'.

Being from Livingston myself, I know a few people who support Livingston that started supporting them as Meadowbank. You've still not really explained it well enough for me to appreciate your anger on the subject.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Being from Livingston myself, I know a few people who support Livingston that started supporting them as Meadowbank. You've still not really explained it well enough for me to appreciate your anger on the subject.

I'm honestly not sure what you need explained to you.

There's certain red lines on any topic. Not understanding this is a sign of a fitba wrong'un.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm honestly not sure what you need explained to you.

There's certain red lines on any topic. Not understanding this is a sign of a fitba wrong'un.

So basically you are saying "it's not up to me to explain why I feel a certain way about a certain thing, it's actually you who should already know why I feel a certain way about a certain thing and it's actually your fault for not knowing why I feel a certain way about a certain thing".

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

So basically you are saying "it's not up to me to explain why I feel a certain way about a certain thing, it's actually you who should already know why I feel a certain way about a certain thing and it's actually your fault for not knowing why I feel a certain way about a certain thing".

When it's so mind-bendingly obvious, yes.

A football club is not something you 'relocate'. It is something you murder.

Livingston's utter brass neck (and crassness) in claiming Meadowbank's achievements is the most tin-pot thing in Scottish football. It's patently absurd.

Are you also cool with Wimbledon's 'relocation' to Milton Keynes? They even kept the same name for a year!

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

When it's so mind-bendingly obvious, yes.

A football club is not something you 'relocate'. It is something you murder.

Livingston's utter brass neck (and crassness) in claiming Meadowbank's achievements is the most tin-pot thing in Scottish football. It's patently absurd.

Are you also cool with Wimbledon's 'relocation' to Milton Keynes? They even kept the same name for a year!

I just simply don't understand why it causes you so much anger. I can appreciate what you are saying, I just don't think I can find any feeling about it other than apathy. The same goes for Wimbledon and MK Dons despite some differences between the two scenarios given Meadowbank's was a much shorter distance.

I'd imagine many teams across the country are now playing miles away from their initial founding place.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

I just simply don't understand why it causes you so much anger. I can appreciate what you are saying, I just don't think I can find any feeling about it other than apathy. The same goes for Wimbledon and MK Dons despite some differences between the two scenarios given Meadowbank's was a much shorter distance.

I'd imagine many teams across the country are now playing miles away from their initial founding place.

Help mah boab.