What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

A chapel is a room used for religious worship in a larger building e.g. hospitals, schools, prisons.
It was also (inaccurately) used to refer to Catholic churches, certainly in the West anyway.
That's one use of it. It's also used for a smaller church which doesn't hold regular services or with an assigned priest/minister/whatever. There are loads of tiny chapels dotted about southern Europe.

7 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

My mum's family did the grand tour of pretty much all of the assorted wacky Protestant sects available in darkest Lanarkshire from the 20s to the 50s

I like the idea of that "The Tabernacle did good after sermon scones but on the other hand the Church of the Sovereign Lord had better quality tea. I liked the Pastor at the Bethlehem Mission, he gave good fire and brimstone but the pews were a bit too hard. I think one Sunday we went to the wrong place as Jesus had a trunk and they misspelt him as "Ganesh" but they were quite friendly"

15 hours ago, Durnford said:

In Wales a chapel was a church without a tower or spire. Obviously large buildings such as palaces or castles may have a chapel; I think there's also one at Edinburgh airport not tied to any denomination.

In Harthill one refers to the Chapel only when making arrangements to burn it down.

14 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
18 hours ago, RedEd said:
A chapel is a room used for religious worship in a larger building e.g. hospitals, schools, prisons.
It was also (inaccurately) used to refer to Catholic churches, certainly in the West anyway.

That's one use of it. It's also used for a smaller church which doesn't hold regular services or with an assigned priest/minister/whatever. There are loads of tiny chapels dotted about southern Europe.

True. It was after I'd posted I remembered that I'd been in a chapel within the Upper Basilica at Lourdes. A long time ago now.

On 12/09/2022 at 15:43, RedEd said:

It’s also French for hat.

On 05/09/2022 at 08:40, Mark Connolly said:

It's not all senior competition, unless we are using the Sportsound definition of "senior".

In the men's game, below what is effectively division 3, it is still 2x35, and in the women's game, it's below the D4 equivalent. That may change for this season, but with the leagues starting this weekend, that certainly hasn't been briefed yet. Although Scottish Hockey could easily rival the SFA in the "least organised NGB" contest, so it wouldn't be a surprise if it came out on Friday night.

If it doesn't come this season, it won't be far away though, with the latest FIH rulebook changes swapping the 2x35 with "Other timings allowed by competition regulations" to 4x15,with "etc". That was introduced in January.

ETA: I appreciate my use of the term "elite level" was also a bit generous!

Dont be sorry, I play at that level and warmed my wee heart being described as elite haha!

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/rangers-and-fans-set-to-go-acapella-over-national-anthem-row-as-napoli-match-takes-on-whole-new-meaning-3842252

Absolute diddies.

"There is a suggestion the home players could stand and sing an acapella version of God Save the King with the backing of tens of thousands of fans,"

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/rangers-and-fans-set-to-go-acapella-over-national-anthem-row-as-napoli-match-takes-on-whole-new-meaning-3842252

Absolute diddies.

"There is a suggestion the home players could stand and sing an acapella version of God Save the King with the backing of tens of thousands of fans,"

Fucking hell, cannae get the Flying Pickets doing Caravan of Love out of my bonce now.....

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Absolute diddies.

Game should have been played behind closed doors