What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

2 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

https://football-italia.net/rangers-napoli-ucl-tie-expected-to-go-ahead-as-planned/

Football Italia anticipating Napoli match to be played

"Scottish police expect more than 200,000 people to arrive in Edinburgh over the next few days in preparation for the match"  🤭

Seems like a well researched and written piece...................... 

11 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

"Scottish police expect more than 200,000 people to arrive in Edinburgh over the next few days in preparation for the match"  🤭

Seems like a well researched and written piece...................... 

I noticed that. I’m assuming they meant 200,000 folk in Edinburgh to pay their respects when she’s lying in state. Which to me is just plain bizarre. If you were watching TV and there were 200,000 folk filing past Kim Jong whoever’s coffin in North Korea you’d have a little chuckle at the silly foreigners. 

On 08/09/2022 at 21:40, lubo_blaha said:

I didn’t word it brilliantly. Let people use safe pyro in certain areas, instead of the current approach which clearly isn’t working. (For the record, I don’t condone the throwing of burning flares at children).

Much like alcohol, it’s time to have a grown up conversation about accommodating those who want to use it in stadiums. http://stadiumdb.com/news/2017/07/effc_2017_different_approaches_to_legal_pyrotechnics

05bc53d6ce2e88aa1b6d04a8cf9b3abb.jpg

Is that the vaping section?

On 10/09/2022 at 18:10, Junior_Arab said:

I noticed that. I’m assuming they meant 200,000 folk in Edinburgh to pay their respects when she’s lying in state. Which to me is just plain bizarre. If you were watching TV and there were 200,000 folk filing past Kim Jong whoever’s coffin in North Korea you’d have a little chuckle at the silly foreigners. 

Hope its absolutely pissing it down

If it's so important for a protestant institution to have a big picture of the Queen up, why have I never seen a photo of the queen inside a protestant church? Surely a picture of Jesus or the moderator of the general assembly would be more appropriate?

I'm an atheist myself but it's shite like that which gives religion a bad name.

49 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

If it's so important for a protestant institution to have a big picture of the Queen up, why have I never seen a photo of the queen inside a protestant church? Surely a picture of Jesus or the moderator of the general assembly would be more appropriate?

She was head of the Anglican Church but no better than anyone else in the Presbyterian Church of Scotland where God is the nominal Head of the Church 

A principal that got up the nose of monarchs in the 17th Century and for which a lot of folk died.

I've been in a couple of RC Chapels and don't remember seeing a picture of the Pope anywhere (but maybe I was too busy bursting into flames to notice..)

38 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

She was head of the Anglican Church but no better than anyone else in the Presbyterian Church of Scotland where God is the nominal Head of the Church 

A principal that got up the nose of monarchs in the 17th Century and for which a lot of folk died.

I've been in a couple of RC Chapels and don't remember seeing a picture of the Pope anywhere (but maybe I was too busy bursting into flames to notice..)

No there's no pictures of the Pope in any chapels. 

For all the grief I got given over the past couple of days I am a non practicing RC.

Edited by Hoose Rice

7 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

No there's no pictures of the Pope in any chapels. 

For all the grief I got given over the past couple of days I am a non practicing RC.

Why would being catholic or not have anything to do with someone's opinion on the queen and/or royal family in general?

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Why would being catholic or not have anything to do with someone's opinion on the queen and/or royal family in general?

It doesn't.  And youre spot on.  Sadly others can't see it that way. 

I'm more of I believe in god and believe when we die there's somewhere decent to go if your a good c**t. 

7 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Clearly he's not using the word in any theological sense and more in a knuckle dragging tribal and divisive way.