What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

When was this? 

Denmark v Finland last year in the Euros. Denmark's Christian Eriksen collapsed and was not in a good way. I was watching but had to turn over to another channel because it was too heartwrenching.

The game restarted after a while and the Mixus won 1-0. Fortunately Erikson has recovered and signed for Brentford and now Man U. 

38 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Denmark v Finland last year in the Euros. Denmark's Christian Eriksen collapsed and was not in a good way. I was watching but had to turn over to another channel because it was too heartwrenching.

The game restarted after a while and the Mixus won 1-0. Fortunately Erikson has recovered and signed for Brentford and now Man U. 

Why were FIFA involved? 

19 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

That game was on in a bar in Cascais, along the coast from Lisbon that I managed to get to between brief traffic light covid rule changes. Just dropped in to book a seat for Scotland v England, and it was full of Danish fans. Wasn't really paying attention but noticed everyone going quiet. When I was leaving I dumbly asked if he was an important player. Not my finest moment. Here's an example of my brilliant photography just before my shame.

image.thumb.jpeg.dafb733dd9b3651acacf5e86acfe63d1.jpeg

17 hours ago, Clown Job said:

No chance FIFA will postpone it surely 

This is the organisation that made Denmark finish a after after a teammate collapsed and almost died on the pitch 

Can’t see why Police Scotland would have a say in whether the game gets played or not? Are they expecting bother? Are Rangers fans planning a riot as part of their official mourning? I thought they saved that for their celebrations? If it’s too much bother to play here surely UEFA could just switch the home & away fixtures and play in Italy? No away fans obviously but then the Rangers fans would all be too sad to even think about attending a football match anyway. 

13 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

Can’t see why Police Scotland would have a say in whether the game gets played or not? Are they expecting bother? Are Rangers fans planning a riot as part of their official mourning? I thought they saved that for their celebrations? If it’s too much bother to play here surely UEFA could just switch the home & away fixtures and play in Italy? No away fans obviously but then the Rangers fans would all be too sad to even think about attending a football match anyway. 

I suspect that its less related to any expected bother, rather that there will be a requirement - at a match of this size - for a specified number of police officers. 

Because QEII died in Scotland, she is being brought to Edinburgh on Sunday, there will be some kind of ceremony with King Charles on Monday and then the plebs will be allowed to file past in tears before she is taken down south for the full griefwank on tuesday.

All of this means that - as well as Edinburghs traffic and buses being, off the scale, fucked for a few days - police will be drafted in from all over to stand on corners doing nothing, including from Glasgow.

If the Sevco match is postponed, thats the excuse they will use.

Am I missing anything other than the obvious here? Are Rangers seeking to be a special case for postponement purely on the basis that they market themselves to their idiot fanbase as staunch?

I've not seen anything to suggest that Rangers are asking for a postponement. However, news stories originally suggested that UEFA had been in discussions with all British clubs.