What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

On 31/08/2022 at 08:21, oneteaminglasgow said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr-united-launch-new-third-27861162.amp

Dedicating your third kit to Burnley because they let you play a friendly against their under 23 side once. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/burnley-partnership-could-huge-ayr-24146558

Oops.

But being ranked alongside  Portadown, Cobh Ramblers and Llandundo. Now that is tinpot.

11 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is it?

Is it worth debasing yourself with OF badges on a club publication in this way?  I'm not so sure.

Elgin can't be "sure" either but they're better placed to judge than you or I. 

It may be that reaching out to armchair supporters of big clubs is doomed to failure but at least it's trying something.

I appreciate that people who live in one horse towns like Dumfries must get frustrated and angry with their neighbours following rangers and Celtic but just telling them they're a bunch of c***s is hardly likely to improve the situation.

Just repetitively posting about how much you  don't like the Old Firm is the most tin-pot virtue signalling this side of "I love my kids"

Instead of posting here you should get a blue cardigan, a sign saying "Matthew 12:42 " and head down to Dumfries city centre and start accosting people with Union Jack or Tricolour  tattoos and say "Have you heard the news?, the good news? Can I talk to you about our lord and saviour Wullie Gibson.... "

Be the change you want to see in the world!

It's not the first time Elgin have done this. I don't think their crowds have seen any increase since they started it.

Tbf even if they got ten people in buying pints and going to watch Elgin on the back of it then it would be a win for them. Don’t have a problem with it personally.

44 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

This is a strong shout for this thread. The Falkirk Stadium, famously being in Edinburgh.

They have suffered from Edinburgh's bin strike- there is a lot of unsightly unwanted rubbish spoiling the pitch at the Falkirk Stadium...

..East Stirlingshire! 

8 hours ago, For Your Pies Only said:

Principles don't pay electricity bills or staff wages though, and in the current climate that is a huge concern for lower league clubs.

Neither do adverts in which you debase yourselves.

Things can have value as well as a price, you know.

6 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Tbf even if they got ten people in buying pints and going to watch Elgin on the back of it then it would be a win for them. 

It would also be quite incredible. 

Did these ten people not realise pubs often have tellies until they clocked the advert?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

6 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Elgin can't be "sure" either but they're better placed to judge than you or I. 

It may be that reaching out to armchair supporters of big clubs is doomed to failure but at least it's trying something.

I appreciate that people who live in one horse towns like Dumfries must get frustrated and angry with their neighbours following rangers and Celtic but just telling them they're a bunch of c***s is hardly likely to improve the situation.

Just repetitively posting about how much you  don't like the Old Firm is the most tin-pot virtue signalling this side of "I love my kids"

Instead of posting here you should get a blue cardigan, a sign saying "Matthew 12:42 " and head down to Dumfries city centre and start accosting people with Union Jack or Tricolour  tattoos and say "Have you heard the news?, the good news? Can I talk to you about our lord and saviour Wullie Gibson.... "

Be the change you want to see in the world!

😆

Dumfries has several horses, thank you very much. And why would I wish to acquire yet another blue cardigan?

I only indulge in virtue signalling of this nature because I can't stand my kids.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It would also be quite incredible. 

Did these ten people not realise pubs often have tellies until they clocked the advert?

Again, Me and my mates regularly bounce around junior grounds watching games on TV and scores in the ground. 

Elgin are trying to drum up a bit of money I don't see what your complaint is.

12 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Hibernian FC loaning a youngster that couldn't get a game for Stockport. 

No, Hibs are borrowing him. Man U are loaning him. At least in US English. In the UK we usually say "lending".

Edited by Stag Nation

10 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Again, Me and my mates regularly bounce around junior grounds watching games on TV and scores in the ground. 

Elgin are trying to drum up a bit of money I don't see what your complaint is.

Hopefully bump onto you when Harp get theirs up and running