What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

That's one of the most boring, soulless properties I've seen for a while.

It's like a developer's idea of a show home, zero character in any of the rooms.........well, apart from the ridic bar which merely confirms the suspicion that the owner has no class.

It just screams pcp Range Rover on the driveway.

8 hours ago, Ampersand said:

There's something lurking in the shed as well. Perhaps a 'Europe League Winners' banner, waiting for a sunnier day?

It'll be that comical misspelled door.

7 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Difference being that the two recent relegations were caused by an administration (points deduction) and the early end to season due to Covid and a delicious goal at St Mirren Park on the final game in 2020 by Jon Obika.

In the late 70s and early 80s they were just shit and relegated 3 times. 😂 

Nah, Hearts were absolutely shite in the Covid season as well.

4 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/moves-to-change-spl-voting-structure-1393897

“SPL clubs have delayed moves to introduce a new top-flight voting structure after Aberdeen joined forces with Celtic in blocking the path to change.

A motion was put forward at yesterday’s SPL board meeting to ditch the current 11-1 majority needed for major decisions with some clubs keen to see a new 9-3 voting system introduced on all issues.”

One of the most Tin Pot decisions ever made by a non-OF club chairman. Shame on you Stewart Milne.

f**k Milne so much for that. Massive c**t move and massively moronic. The fucking idiot was blinded by greed but only succeeded in fucking his own club, along with almost every club. Scumbag.

4 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/moves-to-change-spl-voting-structure-1393897

“SPL clubs have delayed moves to introduce a new top-flight voting structure after Aberdeen joined forces with Celtic in blocking the path to change.

A motion was put forward at yesterday’s SPL board meeting to ditch the current 11-1 majority needed for major decisions with some clubs keen to see a new 9-3 voting system introduced on all issues.”

One of the most Tin Pot decisions ever made by a non-OF club chairman. Shame on you Stewart Milne.

All because the short-sighted diddy clubs went for the monorail promised by pretendy tv company Setanta for 2/6- extra a year. 

So really this was an anti-tinpottery measure and has no place on this thread. 

Well played Wiggy. 

6 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

So surely this implies The Cinch Fan Club were in favour of 9-3? Am I reading that right?

On 09/08/2022 at 21:18, Alan_G said:

So if we do well in this European campaign, what an amazing memento of the start of it.

But, maybe hold on til after at least the second leg of the first match to try and sell it eh? What's it commemorating? 😳

This is aging deliciously

Billy Davies used to own this property. I can’t remember whether he sold up in 2006 or 2011.

If the current bun owners get an offer over £559,000 I’ll be fcuking stunned. I might go in and say I’ll only make an offer on the condition they rip that fcuking bar out. 55 my arse! Yer old club died a year after you moved in you muppets.

F3106D7F-FE91-4B0E-8BBA-E7D9EDE1D894.thumb.jpeg.1b2e253f7703a6a27cbaa95685b71883.jpeg

3 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Just drove by it 30mins ago and I believe the property is currently empty.

I’m back in that estate again tomorrow morning. I’ll keep a P&B watch on comings and goings as I’m there most days.

Aye you do that

image.png.8d1345c60e6a61c0fa4dfdbf2d8e9c6a.png

13 hours ago, AdamAnt said:

Milne’s vote killed any chance of the Scottish top flight ever becoming a meaningful competition for anyone bar Rangers and Celtic. Almost certainly done more harm than any other club in last 50 years. 

Putting Milne's vote aside, had a 9-3 voting structure been successful, what measures do you think could've been introduced to make the SPFL more competitive? I am struggling to think of any recent votes where Rangers and Celtic have vetoed anything themselves.

Putting Milne's vote aside, had a 9-3 voting structure been successful, what measures do you think could've been introduced to make the SPFL more competitive? I am struggling to think of any recent votes where Rangers and Celtic have vetoed anything themselves.

You made this argument the last time, but it doesn't hold water. Clubs are not going to waste their time proposing resolutions that they know are going to fail.

31 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You made this argument the last time, but it doesn't hold water. Clubs are not going to waste their time proposing resolutions that they know are going to fail.

Exactly. What would be the point of the other ten Premiership clubs proposing a vote on a return to gate sharing, for example? Yet gate sharing stopped in the mid-eighties at the behest of Celtic and Rangers, coincidentally just around the start of the 37 year stranglehold of the top league title by the duopoly.