What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've mentioned this before and people have had a go at me for it , so I'd expect similar this time, but see when we beat Lichtenstein at home with a ridiculously late winner under Levein, I couldn't get remotely excited.  I actually felt a wee bit embarrassed.

🤣 I jumped about like a loony for a few minutes more out of relief than anything.

I got the impression that folk were having a go at pitch invasions for last minute equalisers, but it's just followed the pessimistic puritanism that lies in the shadows of this forum by shaming expressions of ecstatic joy. Fucking hell, the football is where we get to jump around joyously uninhibited. Rejoice in whatever enables it. 

3 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Dead on the 12 second mark, the third steward up from the bottom next to the Orcs, you can some some guy absolutely legging it to get past him to get at the Morton fans.

For f**k's sake. 

It's a shame we don't have a "Most Tinpot thing in Europe" thread, because this would almost certainly be in it:

It's a good job Motherwell got pumped out of Europe, it's the type of nauseating shite you could see their world-class social media team putting out.

21 minutes ago, velo army said:

🤣 I jumped about like a loony for a few minutes more out of relief than anything.

I got the impression that folk were having a go at pitch invasions for last minute equalisers, but it's just followed the pessimistic puritanism that lies in the shadows of this forum by shaming expressions of ecstatic joy. Fucking hell, the football is where we get to jump around joyously uninhibited. Rejoice in whatever enables it. 

Scraping past Lichtenstein in an appalling display, does not enable it.

I'm with those puritan lads.

30 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Dead on the 12 second mark, the third steward up from the bottom next to the Orcs, you can some some guy absolutely legging it to get past him to get at the Morton fans.

For f**k's sake. 

As Stefan slides to his knees, the wee boy with the blue hat on at the front is my son. I've got my arm round him to protect him, as loads of bodies fell on us in the first half when Tavernier scored our equaliser.

3 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I’m old enough to remember when Hearts were a yo-yo club in the late 70s and early 80s and you spent 3 seasons in the old First Division. Hibs also went up and down.

Someone who's more than 7 years old would be able to remember that.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

It's a shame we don't have a "Most Tinpot thing in Europe" thread, because this would almost certainly be in it:

You're just itching for your club to maintain top spot in that one in addition to domestic dominance.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

It's a good job Motherwell got pumped out of Europe, it's the type of nauseating shite you could see their world-class social media team putting out.

Whats tin pot about this?

What am I missing?

8 hours ago, Alan_G said:

So if we do well in this European campaign, what an amazing memento of the start of it.

But, maybe hold on til after at least the second leg of the first match to try and sell it eh? What's it commemorating? 😳

"Iconic" 

:lol:

7 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Whats tin pot about this?

What am I missing?

You don’t see what’s tin-pot about delivering some wholly uninspiring, cliche-ridden speech about where you’ve came from etc, recording it specifically for social media, adding foreign subtitles to it before going on to suffer a humiliating defeat that knocks you out of the competition?

11 minutes ago, G51 said:

You don’t see what’s tin-pot about delivering some wholly uninspiring, cliche-ridden speech about where you’ve came from etc, recording it specifically for social media, adding foreign subtitles to it before going on to suffer a humiliating defeat that knocks you out of the competition?

are you new to football?

2 hours ago, G51 said:

No.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

It doesn’t strictly speaking belong here but in the absence of a long run “Bathetic Hubris Thread” it may as well sit here

14 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've mentioned this before and people have had a go at me for it , so I'd expect similar this time, but see when we beat Lichtenstein at home with a ridiculously late winner under Levein, I couldn't get remotely excited.  I actually felt a wee bit embarrassed.

I didn’t think you done excitement anyway MT 

I imagine yourself to be a Rev I.M Jolly character 

3 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Scraping past a team with a much smaller budget than yours and still being raging about them is probably the closest thing to tinpot that's happening here, but that sums up those two horrible little clubs weekly.

The fact he's posted it is the most tin pot thing about it

2 hours ago, G51 said:

Come from

Where you've come from.

What are we, animals?