What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

On 07/08/2022 at 11:04, tamthebam said:

It's something they do in eggchasing. The fans of that particular "sport" then claim it's better than football because 20 stone tubes are polite to the ref.

It's more like said tubes haven't a clue what the rules of rugby union actually are so just go along with it.

Having said that in 35 years of watching football I've never seen a ref change a decision because Jimmy McTumshie, the centre half of Inversneckie United, shouted at him

My mate, George Hunter, was at Cowdenbeath and Tiny Wharton was in his last days as a ref.

George protested that a corner should have been a goal kick.

Mr Wharton replied "Do you think I've  come all this way to change my mind son"?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It's something they do in eggchasing. The fans of that particular "sport" then claim it's better than football because 20 stone tubes are polite to the ref.

It's more like said tubes haven't a clue what the rules of rugby union actually are so just go along with it.

Having said that in 35 years of watching football I've never seen a ref change a decision because Jimmy McTumshie, the centre half of Inversneckie United, shouted at him

Sure there was a bit of controversy at the time but in the 08 season when Hamilton and ourselves were battling for the league, the Hamilton players surrounded the ref after he'd given a goal for Morton (?) or someone else against them, they surrounded the ref and shouted at him until he changed his mind. Maybe a Hamilton fan can shed more light on it.

7 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

In American sports slang, "putting a clown suit" on someone is severely out-coaching them or blowing them out as to make them look like fools. Such as, "Aberdeen boss Jim Goodwin put a clown suit on Stephen Robinson during the Dons 4-1 win over the buddies."

tumblr_lhihz73WwS1qfeqsqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lhii05RboK1qfeqsqo1_500.jpg

10 hours ago, HK Hibee said:

The use of “inferring “ suggests that he didn’t call him a clown but instead did something that suggested it. Trying to think what it could be - best idea is he mimed someone walking with big clown shoes

I’d also suggest that Willie Gibson implied it, and it was the referee who subsequently inferred it. 

Next week on Pedant’s Corner…

1 minute ago, B75 said:

Hibs celebrating a draw like they had won the ucl.

I think you have just confirmed what everyone knows about some Bonnyrigg fans..................Its not that you are all Jambo wannabees, its actually just that you are a p***k.

Back to the seaside dickhead.

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Scored with the last kick of the ball in a derby match against local rivals….

How else should they celebrate? Golf claps?

I assume that is how the Hearts fans celebrated when Ozturk similarly scored a late equaliser.

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Nothing tinpot about celebrating a last minute winner especially when it's a derby, I'd be going mental if it was the other way about.

Aye, heres the thing - I was in the East when the ball fell to Ozturk a few years back, I said to myself "hit it ya radge"........................and then watched the fucking limbs from you guys in the South 😬

Next time I was in work, a jambo pal just looked at me, did the Roger Moore eyebrow and we both cracked up laughing..........because we both know thats what makes fitba great.

No problem with people celebrating.

Not sure when it became cool to pretend fitba fans shouldn't celebrate stuff, but it's just silly.

As a veteran of many late derby goals, I'd be a huge hypocrite if I went near that.

That said, me and my brother were accosted by a Hibby who jumped in front of us and shouted 'YAAASSS! WHAT'S THE SCORE, YA c***s!'

I genuinely think in all the excitement he thought Hibs had won. 😀 I believe drink had been taken.

14 minutes ago, true_rover said:

I assume that is how the Hearts fans celebrated when Ozturk similarly scored a late equaliser.

I take you point and don’t begrudge hibs fans their party but it’s not really a valid comparison. 

Ozturks goal was so ridiculously awesome it would have triggered  scenes even if it was just a late consolation.

45 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Aye, heres the thing - I was in the East when the ball fell to Ozturk a few years back, I said to myself "hit it ya radge"........................and then watched the fucking limbs from you guys in the South 😬

Next time I was in work, a jambo pal just looked at me, did the Roger Moore eyebrow and we both cracked up laughing..........because we both know thats what makes fitba great.

Hahaha.

I remember watching that game on the TV. As he lined up the shot I said "dinna". 

Was off my feet when it went in, hands on my head.