What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I've long held the belief that when players/managers criticise referees in post match interviews, the ref should have a right of reply.

Imagine the utter joy of watching a referee say something along the lines of "Aye, well he picked that useless c**t Smith at left back" or "Maybe if he hadn't missed those three sitters, the throw in I got wrong in the 3rd minute wouldn't have been an issue"

What petition do I sign for this?

5 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

dont know if i'd take joy in hearing a referee say he didn't give a penalty because the manager picked a diddy at left back...perhaps if it went against certain teams

Tbf next time Martindale asks about a possible penalty* the ref would just shrug it off since "none of those useless c***s can score their penalties anyway"

*Blames the referee for our pumping

Edited by LiviLion

On 04/08/2022 at 09:54, AJF said:

Referees should dish out abuse more often in my opinion. Especially to players. Rather than booking them for foul and abusive language just tell the c**t to shut up and f**k off.

100% for this.

On 04/08/2022 at 12:13, Mark Connolly said:

I've long held the belief that when players/managers criticise referees in post match interviews, the ref should have a right of reply.

Imagine the utter joy of watching a referee say something along the lines of "Aye, well he picked that useless c**t Smith at left back" or "Maybe if he hadn't missed those three sitters, the throw in I got wrong in the 3rd minute wouldn't have been an issue"

Also absolutely behind this. Would love a referee demand a manager phone him to apologise.

6 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

We've stopped making programmes too. We now release a magazine every 3 months. 

Tinpot 😘 😋.

Surprised more clubs haven't went digital with them by now but you've got the old school fans and collectors that buy them.

Obviously not enough for Morton to make it worthwhile.

8 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

The use of “inferring “ suggests that he didn’t call him a clown but instead did something that suggested it. Trying to think what it could be - best idea is he mimed someone walking with big clown shoes

14 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Tinpot 😘 😋.

Surprised more clubs haven't went digital with them by now but you've got the old school fans and collectors that buy them.

Obviously not enough for Morton to make it worthwhile.

Stunned programs still exist, tbh. But glad to hear they do.

2 hours ago, HK Hibee said:

The use of “inferring “ suggests that he didn’t call him a clown but instead did something that suggested it. Trying to think what it could be - best idea is he mimed someone walking with big clown shoes

In American sports slang, "putting a clown suit" on someone is severely out-coaching them or blowing them out as to make them look like fools. Such as, "Aberdeen boss Jim Goodwin put a clown suit on Stephen Robinson during the Dons 4-1 win over the buddies."

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Forget your goal line technology, forget your VAR, putting a mic on the ref is the way forward. 

They actually did this for a game in the late 80s or early 90s (can't mind when). Was Arsenal against someone.

It was rather eye opening. The abuse the ref took was something else. He had to have a word with Tony Adams about it.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Found a clip! Was 1989.

Would be interesting to see the full documentary.

Tony Adams was right, he was a cheat, see the blatant robbery that was Chesterfield v Middlesborough. Specifically the Clayton Blackmore non second booking & the goal that was chopped off because, and I quote, "I thought there was a foul"

50 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They actually did this for a game in the late 80s or early 90s (can't mind when). Was Arsenal against someone.

It was rather eye opening. The abuse the ref took was something else. He had to have a word with Tony Adams about it.

It's something they do in eggchasing. The fans of that particular "sport" then claim it's better than football because 20 stone tubes are polite to the ref.

It's more like said tubes haven't a clue what the rules of rugby union actually are so just go along with it.

Having said that in 35 years of watching football I've never seen a ref change a decision because Jimmy McTumshie, the centre half of Inversneckie United, shouted at him

Having said that in 35 years of watching football I've never seen a ref change a decision because Jimmy McTumshie, the centre half of Inversneckie United, shouted at him

ICT wouldn't have had a goal overturned against us if James Craigen hadn't run to the ref explaining that the corner hadn't been taken properly.

9 hours ago, HK Hibee said:

I was thinking the same. 

"Haw ref, bet your car doors fall off" is a bit obscure and could be viewed as a threat.