What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

A couple of inaccuracies to clear up firstly is we tend to hold up scarfs during the song and not wave flags 

Secondly the song wasn’t written by anyone connected to Liverpool or their fans. Even old blue eyes himself had recorded a version of it way before Gerry and the Pacemakers so no robbery has taken place 😉

Written by Rogers and Hammerstein for Carousel.

In the show it's a lament to a guy who dies in a failed attempt at mugging someone. Some choice by the Celtic and Liverpool fans.

9 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I love how waving an Irish or Palestine flags really gets under the skin of others 

Unrelated. What a lovely big saltire on display 

Probably the biggest one you’ll see in a Scottish ground 

Not me.  Its tragic taking they flags to football :lol: 

11 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

In the show it's a lament to a guy who dies in a failed attempt at mugging someone. Some choice by the Celtic and Liverpool fans.

it’s not one of Rogers best tunes but if it stops them singing “Fields of Athenry” for a bit then it’s a good thing.

18 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

It’s a lament to the family of a guy who dies after a failed robbery not Billy Bigelow himself.

It’s a small point but an important one 😉

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

it’s not one of Rogers best tunes but if it stops them singing “Fields of Athenry” for a bit then it’s a good thing.

Ironically you will probably hear Liverpool fans sing their version more often then we do these days

Hopefully this doesn’t start a who sang it first or who robbed who debate 😳

Edited by Jinky67

50 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Ironically you will probably hear Liverpool fans sing their version more often then we do these days

No, I’d prefer to know who sings it the bestest 

52 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Even more ironically, Liverpool are the protestant team in Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s a lament to the family of a guy who dies after a failed robbery not Billy Bigelow himself.

It’s a small point but an important one 😉

Wrong. 
In the second act of the musical, Nettie Fowler, the cousin of the protagonist Julie Jordan, sings "You'll Never Walk Alone" to comfort and encourage Julie when her husband, Billy Bigelow, the male lead, stabs himself with a knife whilst trying to run away after attempting a robbery with his mate Jigger and dies in her arms. 

So typically Scousers and Celtic fans latch on to this. 

image.png.97533310cf0fbbcfc9c500c1afa3ba8f.png

Paywall free sauce

Brian Graham says Partick Thistle were fired up to beat Dundee after being “shafted by them” in the lockdown email furore.

At the start of the pandemic, the Dark Blues’ vote on whether to end the 2019/20 season early got stuck in the SPFL’s spam folder and left managing director John Nelms with the deciding vote.

Ultimately the Dens Park supremo changed his initial vote in an attempt to bring through league reconstruction, which has not come to pass.

In doing so, the teams in bottom spot in each division were relegated and saw Partick head to League One.

Graham was at Firhill back then and says that was very much in the mind of the players heading to Dundee – and it showed as they raced into a 3-0 lead before seeing the game out 3-2.

“There has been a lot of history between these two clubs,” the former Dundee United man said.

“Obviously we were fired up because we were shafted by them a couple of years ago. Elephants don’t forget.

“Obviously there was the fiasco the other day when they got our name wrong with the tickets as well.

“So it was easy to come up here and be motivated and I thought we did that. The game plan was excellent and we stuck to it.

“The boys who have been here since it happened don’t forget and it was always in the back of our minds.

“The gaffer didn’t say anything but we as players knew what it meant to the fans.

“We knew they wanted a good victory today.”

‘I will never forget it’

He added: “I am a family man with two kids. I got relegated and my wages cut.

It hurt me financially so I will never forget it to the day I die and it still bugs me now.

“It should never have happened but it did and we have fought back as a club. The only way is up now.

“We wanted to come here and win. We knew Dundee were favourites for the league, we wanted to pick up three points and we have done that.

“The fans were brilliant and never stopped singing. I think they enjoyed that and they deserved it.”

John Beaton getting reported to the SFA for calling a disabled Livingston supporter an 'arsehole' and telling him to 'f**k off' during our final game of the season :D 

Edited by ATLIS

5 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I love how waving an Irish or Palestine flags really gets under the skin of others 

Unrelated. What a lovely big saltire on display 

Probably the biggest one you’ll see in a Scottish ground 

I used to wave the Cornwall flag at Edinburgh City games

Get it up you, Devon!

23 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

There are more senses than just sight and hearing though ..... Let's see if I can trigger touch(y)

image.png.29f36322e5749eb2052a54a0c49f45b7.png

Were you one of the Well fans singing to Sligo fans "you only sing in the chapel"?

Stuff like that also stinks!

29 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I used to wave the Cornwall flag at Edinburgh City games

Get it up you, Devon!

There’s someone whose  car has  a Cornish flag that lives  round the corner from our house and my Devonian wife is always criticising the standard of their parking as well as their shit pasties, back to front cream teas and ugly  scenery 

Cornwall seemed alright to me but I’m an incurable romantic so piss off you gap toothed, inbred, wreckers 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

4 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Wrong. 
In the second act of the musical, Nettie Fowler, the cousin of the protagonist Julie Jordan, sings "You'll Never Walk Alone" to comfort and encourage Julie when her husband, Billy Bigelow, the male lead, stabs himself with a knife whilst trying to run away after attempting a robbery with his mate Jigger and dies in her arms. 

So typically Scousers and Celtic fans latch on to this. 

Yep we are a supportive bunch always looking to pick up those who are struggling. 

Well played you for recognising that 🙌