What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Maximising profits, is that really tinpot?

Depends somewhat on whether  you’re talking about a company or a club. But that’s not the kind of argument anybody here would be interested in

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

20 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Depends somewhat on whether  you’re talking about a company or a club. But that’s not the kind of argument anybody here would be interested in

That's one of the best Sevco's that I've seen for a while.

On 30/07/2022 at 13:08, ArabFC said:

Giving 3 sides of your ground to away fans must be up there.

Aye much more sensible to have half the ground empty and not taking advantage of a few hundred thousand quid from away fans. Course it would be great having our own fans filling it, but that isn't happening so needs must when the erse cheeks play us. 

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Not just 3 sides, half the home end was full of them too.

Just half?

Not got a problem with us selling 3 stands to them when we haven't the fans to fill them ourselves, but the West stand really should be just for home fans, and anyone else should be ejected, hopefully the club will get this sorted for future games.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye much more sensible to have half the ground empty and not taking advantage of a few hundred thousand quid from away fans. Course it would be great having our own fans filling it, but that isn't happening so needs must when the erse cheeks play us. 

Just half?

Not got a problem with us selling 3 stands to them when we haven't the fans to fill them ourselves, but the West stand really should be just for home fans, and anyone else should be ejected, hopefully the club will get this sorted for future games.

That money won't launder itself.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Just half?

Sad, sad little club 

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Just half?

Tin pot mentality sadly. 

Guest Livifc1
1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Sad, sad little club 

The real sad truth is if you take the Old Firm out of Scottish football and adjust the average attendances for the remaining clubs. I’m pretty sure you’ll find that all the professional clubs in Scotland are poorly supported, per head of population, in comparison to say England. 
For example Aberdeen, struggling to get 15000 average attendance in a one team city of around 200,000. I guarantee you that if you were to look at teams down south in similar circumstances their average attendances would dwarf Aberdeens. 
I could be wrong, but the myth that Scotland is a nation of fanatical football supporters is just that, a myth. I believe it’s not been true since probably the 80’s.  The Old Firm supporters are fanatical, the rest of Scottish football is poorly supported. 
Newcastle a city roughly the same size as Edinburgh. Newcastle average attendance, 51-52000. 
Hibs + Hearts average attendances, about 34-35000. That’s roughly a 15000 difference with the same population, slightly different circumstances. 
Burnley a town around of less than 100,000, average attendances about 10,000 more than Aberdeens. 
Anyway how’s the new stadium coming along. It’s always a delight to see the latest architectural drawings. 

11 minutes ago, Livifc1 said:

The real sad truth is if you take the Old Firm out of Scottish football and adjust the average attendances for the remaining clubs. I’m pretty sure you’ll find that all the professional clubs in Scotland are poorly supported, per head of population, in comparison to say England. 
For example Aberdeen, struggling to get 15000 average attendance in a one team city of around 200,000. I guarantee you that if you were to look at teams down south in similar circumstances their average attendances would dwarf Aberdeens. 
I could be wrong, but the myth that Scotland is a nation of fanatical football supporters is just that, a myth. I believe it’s not been true since probably the 80’s.  The Old Firm supporters are fanatical, the rest of Scottish football is poorly supported. 
Newcastle a city roughly the same size as Edinburgh. Newcastle average attendance, 51-52000
Hibs + Hearts average attendances, about 34-35000. That’s roughly a 15000 difference with the same population, slightly different circumstances. 
Burnley a town around of less than 100,000, average attendances about 10,000 more than Aberdeens. 
Anyway how’s the new stadium coming along. It’s always a delight to see the latest architectural drawings. 

Newcastle is a one club city 

Celtic & RFC are part of Scottish football, removing them to suit your argument doesn’t do you any favours 

Guest Livifc1
4 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Newcastle is a one club city 

Celtic & RFC are part of Scottish football, removing them to suit your argument doesn’t do you any favours 

What an aptly named profile. 
Ok Newcastle a one team city, like Aberdeen. 
Newcastle population around 500,000 average attendance 52000 and would probably be more if they expanded the stadium. 

Aberdeen population 200,000

Average attendance around 14,000, nowhere near the same as a % of the population as Newcastle or Sunderland or Middlesbrough or a host of other English teams. 
My argument stands, take the Old Firm out of Scottish football and the rest will be shown to have poor attendances, be poorly supported in comparison to teams down in England. 

25 minutes ago, Livifc1 said:

Newcastle a city roughly the same size as Edinburgh. Newcastle average attendance, 51-52000. 

There was an article going around 3-4 years back taking on precisely this point. Even with the OF removed, Scottish attendances per head are still very good compared to most of Europe.

That's before you consider that, while the OF are outsized in terms of support in Scotland, we're not the only league with noticeably big clubs.

p.s. Livi is a shite club.

25 minutes ago, Livifc1 said:

Newcastle a city roughly the same size as Edinburgh. Newcastle average attendance, 51-52000

Imagine putting together this word salad talking down the game just to justify filling your stadium with mutants. 

Guest Livifc1
3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

There was an article going around 3-4 years back taking on precisely this point. Even with the OF removed, Scottish attendances per head are still very good compared to most of Europe.

That's before you consider that, while the OF are outsized in terms of support in Scotland, we're not the only league with noticeably big clubs.

p.s. Livi is a shite club.

I wasn’t comparing Scottish teams with the rest of Europe, I was comparing Scotland teams with England. And in comparison our teams out-with the Old Firm are poorly supported. 

4 minutes ago, Livifc1 said:

I wasn’t comparing Scottish teams with the rest of Europe, I was comparing Scotland teams with England. And in comparison our teams out-with the Old Firm are poorly supported. 

If you're going to start massaging figures then maybe account for the "football tourists" who just want to be seen to be at an EPL game (and I'd include a percentage of ST holders here as well. I don't believe there's anyone at a Motherwell Aberdeen game unless they actually are supporters; at, say, Arsenal v Man Utd????

Guest Livifc1
Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Yes. It really is a mystery why Scotland, with its population of 5 million has smaller football crowds than England, with the most glamorous football league in the world, featuring world-class players and managers from around the world, and a population of 56 million.

I, for one, am stumped.

And your population 'evidence' is deeply flawed. I live in England. Have done for years. Cubs like Burnley and Leicester and Derby etc do not draw their support only from their towns/cities. They draw in support from the small towns around them, not quoted in your population figures, but much more numerous and well-populated than their Scottish equivalents. I live in a sizeable midlands town with a lot of Leicester fans in it, for example. Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc can draw on no such towns.

In short, you're talking pish on as issue you don't understand and haven't fully thought out, because you support a shite club that shouldn't even exist and are trying to justify its shitey existence.

Lol, so towns outside Edinburgh don’t support Hibs or Hearts? Towns outside Aberdeen don’t support Aberdeen. There is someone talking piss here, but it’s not me.