What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I made one in metal work at school. No-one used it. Possibly because I was a few mm out and it looked like a doll's shoe horn.

Saving it for when you get Bairnardo in the P&B secret Santa?

14 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ah, that's a subtle one.  I missed it too.

It seems unfair getting one bloke to take on the whole Dundee team by himself.  He'll be doing well to scrape a point.

They should take advice from Keith, been doing it for years.

We should just go down the Republic of Ireland De Valera Gaelic nationalist type route and declare football a heathen Anglo Saxon foreign sport and concentrate on our own native sport.

We're all Camanachd fans now!  

On 20/07/2022 at 11:13, DA Baracus said:

Utter, utter, utter shitebags.

Grovelling, bootlicking cowards. Worse, subservient to bigots, and are now bigot apologists (although they've been that 'unofficially' for a while).

It’s quite unbelievable that this is the outcome. A journalist from the BBC, factually reporting sectarian singing from Rangers fans, then banned from future work at Ibrox by the thin skinned mutants in charge of that club, and the outcome is a grovelling apology from the BBC. Anyone who holds out any hope for the culture around sectarianism in Scottish football changing anytime soon can forget it. It’s not going to change during any of our lifetimes, if anything it’s getting worse since the liquidation and subsequent reincarnation of Rangers. There’s a vitriol and aggression that goes along with the perceived injustice that Rangers fans feel they have endured. This climb down from the BBC will only empower them. 

It’s funny that the BBC haven’t reported live from Ibrox for a good few years now, including interviews and press conferences, and you would have hardly realised. It was quite obvious that they had one of the Sportsound pundits sitting watching Rangers TV on Hesgoal every second week, saying things like ‘and it’s Morelos who has been brought down just inside the box, and Tavernier is now stepping up to take the penalty…so we’re hearing’. Anyone who pays that license fee needs their head looked at. A national broadcaster that doesn’t rely on commercial income should be providing a service that does its best to cater for everyone. At a rough guess I would say support in Scotland is split 55/45 between OF fans/every other teams fans. The BBCs output doesn’t reflect that. 

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

It’s quite unbelievable that this is the outcome. A journalist from the BBC, factually reporting sectarian singing from Rangers fans, then banned from future work at Ibrox by the thin skinned mutants in charge of that club, and the outcome is a grovelling apology from the BBC. Anyone who holds out any hope for the culture around sectarianism in Scottish football changing anytime soon can forget it. It’s not going to change during any of our lifetimes, if anything it’s getting worse since the liquidation and subsequent reincarnation of Rangers. There’s a vitriol and aggression that goes along with the perceived injustice that Rangers fans feel they have endured. This climb down from the BBC will only empower them. 

It’s funny that the BBC haven’t reported live from Ibrox for a good few years now, including interviews and press conferences, and you would have hardly realised. It was quite obvious that they had one of the Sportsound pundits sitting watching Rangers TV on Hesgoal every second week, saying things like ‘and it’s Morelos who has been brought down just inside the box, and Tavernier is now stepping up to take the penalty…so we’re hearing’. Anyone who pays that license fee needs their head looked at. A national broadcaster that doesn’t rely on commercial income should be providing a service that does its best to cater for everyone. At a rough guess I would say support in Scotland is split 55/45 between OF fans/every other teams fans. The BBCs output doesn’t reflect that. 

Not Hesgoal. At least half of them will have subscriptions to Sevco's streaming service, so any one of them will suffice. They quickly stopped pretending that they were picking up the Twitter feed without actual saying outright that they were watching a stream.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The BBC gets a live feed directly as far as I know, they don't need to be fucking about with all that stuff.

That would make sense as the games still appeared on Sportscene. What doesn’t make sense is why the pundit on Open All Mics that reported on the Rangers game, would go to great lengths to convince the listener that they weren’t watching live pictures from Ibrox, when they blatantly were. Maybe it was just pettiness on the BBCs part, who knows.

Neither of them come out of the situation looking good. I did find it strange that Rangers statement mentioned Michael Stewart’s apology to Jim Traynor, that particular incident passed me by. What did Michael Stewart do or say to Traynor that required a public apology?