What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

It’s pretty farcical then eh?  Winning the league I can almost understand but oh no, not a flag unveiling- that should make the runners up more determined to win the league back the season there. 

You must be new to Scottish football? 

1 minute ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

It's not Hibs' first game of the season either.

I never said it was.  It was a separate question I asked.  
And as we’ve established it was Rangers second home game last year.  

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You must be new to Scottish football? 

Not at all.  Doesn’t mean we should never question decisions like this because it’s just always been the same. 
Let them play the first game for a change, let them both scud each other if they want and then both teams won’t have maximum points and one of the teams will probably be under serious pressure after the first game.  Sounds good to me.  

Edited by Hoose Rice

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

I never said it was.  It was a separate question I asked.  
And as we’ve established it was Rangers second home game last year.  

Fair enough. 

Is the problem that derbies shouldn't be the first game, or shouldn't be Hibs' first home game?

Would second be okay?

Just now, MacDonald Jardine said:

Fair enough. 

Is the problem that derbies shouldn't be the first game, or shouldn't be Hibs' first home game?

Would second be okay?

Any time is good for me, despite our record I love a derby.  

Should be the same for every single club though.  

6 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Let them play the first game for a change, let them both scud each other if they want and then both teams won’t have maximum points and one of the teams will probably be under serious pressure after the first game.  Sounds good to me.  

Ah I see. 

So if the boot was on the other foot and Hearts had been knocked out of the league cup and Hibs were in the Europa League would you be OK with the game going ahead? 

Just now, MacDonald Jardine said:

We agree on that but that wasn't Gordon's point, which is why it's in this thread  

You obviously didn’t listen to the interview.  He also said in it you would never get a Glasgow or Manchester derby first game of the season and why was that? 
Gordon’s point was the league should be helping every club maximise revenue which I agree he has a point.  I also believe it was try to be deflecting and he should also remember before going into a tirade over fixtures and money that sacking Jack Ross and brining in Maloney imo cost us another home derby last season and a game at home against either Celtic or Rangers.

I’m out now before the heads gone comments start appearing which would kind of be ironic considering my recent past :lol: have a nice afternoon at Golden Gary’s testimonial- for his sake I hope it pishes it down ;) 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Ah I see. 

So if the boot was on the other foot and Hearts had been knocked out of the league cup and Hibs were in the Europa League would you be OK with the game going ahead? 

I’m okay with the game going ahead in two weeks anyway, in fact I can’t wait.  Not being wide but I’ve only now said the same about 10 times on this thread :) 

2 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

You obviously didn’t listen to the interview.  He also said in it you would never get a Glasgow or Manchester derby first game of the season and why was that? 
Gordon’s point was the league should be helping every club maximise revenue which I agree he has a point.  I also believe it was try to be deflecting and he should also remember before going into a tirade over fixtures and money that sacking Jack Ross and brining in Maloney imo cost us another home derby last season and a game at home against either Celtic or Rangers.

I’m out now before the heads gone comments start appearing which would kind of be ironic considering my recent past :lol: have a nice afternoon at Golden Gary’s testimonial- for his sake I hope it pishes it down ;) 

It didn't. Very pleasant afternoon. 

(And yes I know what you meant. )

7 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

So if that’s the case why does it and never ever happened?  Has nobody ever questioned it? 

Probably because no one other than a blithering simpleton gives a f**k at the order of the fixtures other than new years/boxing day when we need to do family shit

4 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Probably because no one other than a blithering simpleton gives a f**k at the order of the fixtures other than new years/boxing day when we need to do family shit

Ouch.  Fair enough :lol: 

26 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Needing to have a lock in against Bonnyrigg.

Was wondering when this would make an appearance. Also chat of umbrellas being confiscated by the 'security partners'. Absolutely wild.

Edited by The Naitch