What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

5 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

All these borderers look alike, eh?

Was on my phone so doesn't show the details, all I could remember from last time I was on my laptop was it was South and fucking embarrassing he was getting involved.

11 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Was on my phone so doesn't show the details, all I could remember from last time I was on my laptop was it was South and fucking embarrassing he was getting involved.

I am a bit embarrassed actually.

It's vicarious, mind.

17 hours ago, For Your Pies Only said:

I'm as keen as anyone to get back to laughing at the buddies mascot in a cardboard box tank. But since you're presenting your opinions as based on fact, rather than your own (acknowledged) biases, here's some info from Scot Gov and National Statistics income reporting from 2015-20 which suggests you should reconsider your 'views':

"Of adults belonging to the Church of Scotland, 15% were in relative poverty after housing costs (170,000 adults each year), compared to 19% of Roman Catholic adults (110,000 adults) and adults of other Christian denominations (19%; 70,000 adults)."

Here's a handy visual graph focusing on Christian denominations if you prefer:

image.png.7cf2b24a4ae7679978a4f378c8898b5c.png

Source here https://data.gov.scot/poverty/2021/

I'm not here for debate so dont bother @'ing me - the numbers speak for themselves I think.

The fact that there was, and remains, a likely increase in your deprivation levels if you are anything other than Protestant in Scotland (even up to 2 years ago) strongly suggests that there is an institutionalised bias there - much less than there was for sure, but it's still present. So maybe wind your neck in a bit and shut the f**k up about this so the rest of us can have some peace to laugh at shite new strips, ridiculous club statements and twitter meltdowns.

If the numbers did speak for themselves then the people who published them wouldn’t have included a long caveat before them on the page you linked to 

If you missed it then basically it’s pointing out that the average Church of Scotland member is in their 60s and upper age brackets have lower deprivation levels. Much of the difference can be explained by that alone 

It’s important not to confuse correlation with causality in either direction especially when there may be some other correlated factors you haven’t taken into account, for instance, that people in Scotland who identify as Roman Catholic are also more likely to live in places like greater Glasgow where deprivation is more common 

33 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If you missed it then basically it’s pointing out that the average Church of Scotland member is in their 60s and upper age brackets have lower deprivation levels. Much of the difference can be explained by that alone

Protestants are better off because they're simply *older* than catholics, you're saying? They're not richer because of discrimination, they're richer because they're not dying young? How on earth is that better?

36 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It’s important not to confuse correlation with causality in either direction especially when there may be some other correlated factors you haven’t taken into account, for instance, that people in Scotland who identify as Roman Catholic are also more likely to live in places like greater Glasgow where deprivation is more common

Too prosaic. I prefer to speculate either that a reconstituted Shankhill butcher gang are prowling the streets of Shettleston or the Catholic church has been hiding the bodies of hundreds of dead witnesses to their abuse scandals under the turf at Celtic Park, and leave the usual suspects in these sorts of discussions to sort out which of these options is the absolute 100% truth.

11 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Protestants are better off because they're simply *older* than catholics, you're saying? They're not richer because of discrimination, they're richer because they're not dying young? How on earth is that better?

I'd encourage you to take the time to read the caveats again.

That's not what it's saying at all.