What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

I lived in Sandilands for a couple of months. Went back to the flat and found a sofa had been acquired. There's been an eviction up the road and my flatmates had nicked it

I mind we had an almost completely u/s fridge. Took it down stairs to dump it later, by the time we’d got back up one flight of stairs it was gone!

1 hour ago, Ray Patterson said:

Really can't imagine that being where a ground was once, as always thought that neck of the woods (literally) had buildings there for 200+ years

Hard to believe walking along the cobbles

3924540_9c405b50.jpg.11cf12a60973603073ebb683ce7ecdb1.jpg

but once you walk past the buildings on the right and jump over the wall its a whole lot different.

60-gom09-cruickshank-botanic-gardens-dscn2432b.jpg.95ebbc2d519bced4c385e7901ec8caf2.jpg

Bags of room hidden away from the plebs.

On 15/07/2022 at 22:06, SuperSaints1877 said:

When did you last live in Scotland to make such statements? 

I spent two decades working in England before I moved back to the west of Scotland. I’d actually say that sectarianism is worse than when I left and that is predominantly down to two football clubs and their moronic supporters. 

FTOF.

Fortunately I wasn't discussing any of that.  I will, though, repeat myself:

By the end of last century there was a parity of achievement between Catholics and Protestants in Scotland.  Socially, economically and educationally.  This is well documented and welcome.

For that to have been achieved - particularly wrt education - it would have needed parity of employment from the 60s and forward.  About a generation and a bit.  This is good and shows how Scotland progressed in a relatively short space of time.

I know that it annoys a few posters for me to state this.  Some have even said that it makes me (or adds to me as being) a 'bigot apologist'.  The truth is the opposite.

No amount of 'friend of a friend' anecdotes or references to MoJo will change Scotland's delightful up-scaling over the past 60 years.

48 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

By the end of last century there was a parity of achievement between Catholics and Protestants in Scotland.  Socially, economically and educationally.  This is well documented and welcome.

For that to have been achieved - particularly wrt education - it would have needed parity of employment from the 60s and forward.  About a generation and a bit.  This is good and shows how Scotland progressed in a relatively short space of time.

I know that it annoys a few posters for me to state this.  Some have even said that it makes me (or adds to me as being) a 'bigot apologist'.  The truth is the opposite.

No amount of 'friend of a friend' anecdotes or references to MoJo will change Scotland's delightful up-scaling over the past 60 years.

Just a shame it hasn't transcended to the erse cheek fans, sectarianism is still alive and thriving in both your supports.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

We moved on about 1.5 pages back.

Kindly f**k off with this numbing diatribe you’re punting.

Meanwhile in Dunfermline:

E5C8167A-3322-4E1C-BE52-257DE0A75189.thumb.jpeg.a3c310888697358d3497e7b75cb54e00.jpeg

Edited by Kapowzer

So the fact that this parity was achieved by the year 2000, proves that it must unequivocally have also been in place four decades earlier?

Does that honestly stack up for you as sensible?

If someone goes for a job, states they are a catholic and are told to f**k off, but goes next door and gets a job, does this prove full employment and discrimination existed in parallel? 

I'm as keen as anyone to get back to laughing at the buddies mascot in a cardboard box tank. But since you're presenting your opinions as based on fact, rather than your own (acknowledged) biases, here's some info from Scot Gov and National Statistics income reporting from 2015-20 which suggests you should reconsider your 'views':

"Of adults belonging to the Church of Scotland, 15% were in relative poverty after housing costs (170,000 adults each year), compared to 19% of Roman Catholic adults (110,000 adults) and adults of other Christian denominations (19%; 70,000 adults)."

Here's a handy visual graph focusing on Christian denominations if you prefer:

image.png.7cf2b24a4ae7679978a4f378c8898b5c.png

Source here https://data.gov.scot/poverty/2021/

I'm not here for debate so dont bother @'ing me - the numbers speak for themselves I think.

The fact that there was, and remains, a likely increase in your deprivation levels if you are anything other than Protestant in Scotland (even up to 2 years ago) strongly suggests that there is an institutionalised bias there - much less than there was for sure, but it's still present. So maybe wind your neck in a bit and shut the f**k up about this so the rest of us can have some peace to laugh at shite new strips, ridiculous club statements and twitter meltdowns.

5 minutes ago, For Your Pies Only said:

I'm as keen as anyone to get back to laughing at the buddies mascot in a cardboard box tank. But since you're presenting your opinions as based on fact, rather than your own (acknowledged) biases, here's some info from Scot Gov and National Statistics income reporting from 2015-20 which suggests you should reconsider your 'views':

"Of adults belonging to the Church of Scotland, 15% were in relative poverty after housing costs (170,000 adults each year), compared to 19% of Roman Catholic adults (110,000 adults) and adults of other Christian denominations (19%; 70,000 adults)."

I'm not here for debate so dont bother @'ing me - the numbers speak for themselves I think.

The fact that there was, and remains, a likely increase in your deprivation levels if you are anything other than Protestant in Scotland (even up to 2 years ago) strongly suggests that there is an institutionalised bias there - much less than there was for sure, but it's still present. So maybe wind your neck in a bit and shut the f**k up about this so the rest of us can have some peace to laugh at shite new strips, ridiculous club statements and twitter meltdowns.

Obviously you're graphing Kirk members rather than nominally Protestant.  Not the same group.  At all.  But you're very much catching the P&B zeitgeist:  You want Scotland to appear worse than it is so you can revel in your own grievance.

This is the grudge-culture that is thriving.  Sadly.

39 minutes ago, ropy said:

If someone goes for a job, states they are a catholic and are told to f**k off, but goes next door and gets a job, does this prove full employment and discrimination existed in parallel? 

Apparently not.

it seems that the second door visited proves the first couldn't ever have existed.

On 16/07/2022 at 14:42, DA Baracus said:

It's allowed for the League Cup group stages but won't be allowed for league games.

Did streaming damage gates that much last season? Are there any figures around this?

Back to this subject, is there not a recognition of the dangers of allowing live streaming on Saturday afternoons?

Seriously, how many 'season tickets' might the OF shift in all our towns by such an arrangement, thus further boosting their advantages, while disincentivising attendance at other, local games?

I can see why the convenience of live streams has an appeal, but the dangers are significant.  I was a bit flippant in saying you should turn up if you want to see a game.  I understand that it's not always as straightforward as I implied.  However, I think the central point stands unless we want to welcome further damage to our clubs.

4 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

E5C8167A-3322-4E1C-BE52-257DE0A75189.thumb.jpeg.a3c310888697358d3497e7b75cb54e00.jpeg

He did that several years back against Raith, and they played machine gun fire over the tannoy while he pretended to shoot all the Raith fans.🤣

7 hours ago, For Your Pies Only said:

It was Dunfermline.

3 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Yeah a google search shows it was April 2021. Fitba patter instagram alluded it was recently.

A decade out.

9 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

I said it earlier in this thread, but happy to repeat - Sammy the Tammy wasn't Tinpot, he was genius.

Him sledging down the stairs on a bit of cardboard was my favourite.