What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

West of Scotland League Kilbirnie Ladeside have been sanctioned with a fine, three match supporter ban & six games requiring policing/security for an incident involving flares that caused a game to be delayed & another incident where a lino was shot at five times with a BB gun. In response a supporters spokesman gave us this minter of a statement:

People of Kilbirnie. This is nothing less than a rallying call, to once again show that when it comes to the crunch we are together as a community, a family and a defiant figure in the face of those who try to put us down.

"In the last 12-18 months, the supporters of Kilbirnie Ladeside have become an unrivalled force in junior football. From the stands, bankings and sometimes the streets, we have backed our club in a way that no other community has in junior football history. However, this atmosphere created and the attention it brings to the club is not always positive.

"The attention of envious and motive-driven others, has seen the club handed an example-making sanction that could cost the club thousands of pounds, with no exaggeration.

"With games now to be played behind closed doors, and policing to be funded for a further part of the match schedule, they have tried to hit our working class, community-backed club in the pocket."

They went on to explain how they would like fans to help them in response to the sanctions.

They continued: "We, the fans of Kilbirnie Ladeside Football Club aim to do everything we can to make up this unfair imbalance by putting your money where our mouth is. But we need your help.

"Please donate what you can and don’t let this sanction spell trouble for our beloved club. As always it’s down to the people of Kilbirnie, let’s stand up and be counted.

"We are organising a fans football tournament in aid of the club."

9 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

West of Scotland League Kilbirnie Ladeside have been sanctioned with a fine, three match supporter ban & six games requiring policing/security for an incident involving flares that caused a game to be delayed & another incident where a lino was shot at five times with a BB gun. In response a supporters spokesman gave us this minter of a statement:

No mention that shooting at a linesman, 5 times, is deemed unacceptable.

55 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

They should team up with Fort William for the poor wee us statements.

The idea that the limo could get shot four times before it apparently became an issue is pretty tin pot in itself 

When people complain about the quality of our officials at top level it’s worth remembering that they’ve had to work their way up through gigs like that. There will be loads of   potentially good referees who gave up because of shit like this

8 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The idea that the limo could get shot four times before it apparently became an issue is pretty tin pot in itself 

When people complain about the quality of our officials at top level it’s worth remembering that they’ve had to work their way up through gigs like that. There will be loads of   potentially good referees who gave up because of shit like this

Sad day when the Ayrshire Juniors are so dangerous that the match officials are driven into town in unmarked armoured vehicles. Never knew there was a book depository and grassy knoll in Kilbirnie though. Sad day, sad day indeed.

37 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Sad day when the Ayrshire Juniors are so dangerous that the match officials are driven into town in unmarked armoured vehicles. Never knew there was a book depository and grassy knoll in Kilbirnie though. Sad day, sad day indeed.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but their spokesman's statement reminds me of another club.......

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I was at a Dalry Thistle v Auchinleck Talbot game in the early 90s and a guy staggered onto the pitch and swung a punch at the ref, did he get ejected from the ground? Did he f*CK! 10 minutes later he reappeared and tried to punch the Auchinleck keeper, full on pitch invasion with fight's all over, I remember looking at the guy that started it all and he was in the net being battered by players and fans and he was trying to bite through the net to escape, the Ayrshire juniors has always been a bit mental.

On 22/06/2022 at 17:18, Jinky67 said:

Official lower back of shirt sponsor? It’s a football top not a F1 car for goodness sakes. 

On 22/06/2022 at 17:34, G51 said:

https://store.celticfc.com/celtic-mens-2022-23-away-shirt

Official back of shirt sponsor? It’s a football top not an F1 car for goodness sakes.

2CA2EBC2-FBB6-4951-926C-D8BDEE1AC417.thumb.jpeg.1faa935145faf8680697484c79dc3c99.jpeg

13 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

I was at a Dalry Thistle v Auchinleck Talbot game in the early 90s and a guy staggered onto the pitch and swung a punch at the ref, did he get ejected from the ground? Did he f*CK! 10 minutes later he reappeared and tried to punch the Auchinleck keeper, full on pitch invasion with fight's all over, I remember looking at the guy that started it all and he was in the net being battered by players and fans and he was trying to bite through the net to escape, the Ayrshire juniors has always been a bit mental.

Aye, the Ayrshire Juniors are something else. Not just Ayrshire though. Growing up in Johnstone, my dad used to take me to Keanie Park every week to see Johnstone Burgh (prime era Burgh, late 60’s, saw them win the Scottish Cup, big crowds at Keanie Park.) I will never forget watching one particular game on the steep bank behind the goal at the end where the Burgh Social Club was. The opposition broke forward from their own half and sprung the Burgh high-line offside trap. The overweight referee couldn’t keep up, and the opposition forward was clear through on the keeper. A Burgh defender tracked his run, and just as the forward drew his foot back to shoot, the Burgh defender knicked it out for a corner. The referee had no clue who touched it last. My dad screamed at the top of his lungs ‘Burgh’s ball!’. The referee awarded a goal kick. I swear to goodness, the opposition attacker stood up and screamed in our general direction ‘I’ll Burgh’s ball ye, ya’ fcuking…..’.

Happy times. A Bovril and a pie from the stall in the tin shed ‘main stand’ and the Burgh were a fine, fine team.

Edited by pozbaird

13 hours ago, gkneil said:

Using little kids’ multi-colour pens for player announcements. Oh me Hibs

D73B5E2E-9193-4BF6-9520-C8019DD6B71A.jpeg

There’s your coloured pen and paper son. Sketch something. Anything. Leith docks, Ocean Terminal, Charlie & Craig Reid’s glasses. Anything. We’ll get it subliminally printed into next season’s home shirt for you. 

On 22/06/2022 at 17:18, Jinky67 said:

Official lower back of shirt sponsor? It’s a football top not a F1 car for goodness sakes. 

Oh dear, afraid there’s a conflict with our stand sponsor. Gonna have to ask them to tape Socomec up when they play at FP.

image.jpeg.1fa3c56da438eac51e67b189d8d15b75.jpeg

1 hour ago, Kapowzer said:

Oh dear, afraid there’s a conflict with our stand sponsor. Gonna have to ask them to tape Socomec up when they play at FP.

image.jpeg.1fa3c56da438eac51e67b189d8d15b75.jpeg

You're never going to get over this.

On 25/06/2022 at 08:23, pozbaird said:

I've not been to Kilbirnie's ground but there appears from photos to be a grassy knoll behind the stand 

Which may also render the three closed door matches order a bit academic although a shower of rain might make that slope a bit slippy 

On 25/06/2022 at 12:18, bennett said:

You're never going to get over this.

To be fair, it’s difficult to ever get over one of the members of the SPFL trying to f*ck over all of the other members at every opportunity they get. Rangers, as a club, don’t want to be in the SPFL, a fair number of Rangers fan base don’t want to be in the SPFL, but you can’t find any league that wants to have you. Where do you go from here, is it down to the lake I fear...

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

To be fair, it’s difficult to ever get over one of the members of the SPFL trying to f*ck over all of the other members at every opportunity they get. Rangers, as a club, don’t want to be in the SPFL, a fair number of Rangers fan base don’t want to be in the SPFL, but you can’t find any league that wants to have you. Where do you go from here, is it down to the lake I fear...

How dare we follow the SPFLs rules.

26 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Good to see the new club is following the rules as strictly as possible having cheated the league for years and years before liquidation.

Not according to the eminent Lord William Nimmo Smith.