What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

15 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

You continually calling it a European cup final to try and wind up Celtic fans is tinpot.

You still haven't explained why you implied that a European cup final is tinpot.

What's tinpot about a football club showing live football on TV in their bar? I'm sure most clubs that have a bar will be showing the Europa League final....I'd expect the champions League final too...it's called business

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

You’re obviously not aware of what happens in the Elgin social club.

Reveal hidden contents

3049AC34-7410-4C56-B137-D1315E8DC1FE.gif.16c12d7adc1c087083e49c474d2c0256.gif

amd that’s just when Cowdenbeath come to town.

What happens in the Elgin social club stays in the Elgin social club. Hopefully. Still nowhere near as tinpot as the way we found out we had rented our stadium, including the shop, to Celtic. Not the fact we did it, but the fact no-one knew about it until someone happened to drive down Greenhill Road to see a bloke up a ladder putting the Celtic shop sign over ours.

Nothing has come close to our old BoDs levels of tinpottery surrounding that affair.

5 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
17 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

What's tinpot about a football club showing live football on TV in their bar? I'm sure most clubs that have a bar will be showing the Europa League final....I'd expect the champions League final too...it's called business

Take your pick:

- Slapping your club badge on a match graphic for a Rangers game
- The little heart eyes emoji
- The general "come watch your big team" vibe of the whole post

Them showing the game isnt the tinpot thing. But marketing it as if its some big occasion for Elgin City Football Club is tinpot as f**k.

6 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
19 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Will Elgin City’s hvnn lovin criminal chairman try to sell hundreds more tickets than the legal capacity to them again ?

9 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Nothing tinpot about a bar showing football. Everything tinpot about that tweet, feels like they only just stopped themselves finishing it with "WATP".

If you can show me their tweet about the Champions League final with the same energy then you'd have a good point, but there isn't one.

Nothing tinpot about a bar showing football. Everything tinpot about that tweet, feels like they only just stopped themselves finishing it with "WATP".
If you can show me their tweet about the Champions League final with the same energy then you'd have a good point, but there isn't one.
I still see it as good business. Not like Elgin are in direct competition with the rangers. Why not advertise to the Elgin based rangers supporters and neutrals to bring people in the door? Tinpot would be them advertising the rangers v st mirren in the league

12 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

I still see it as good business. Not like Elgin are in direct competition with the rangers. Why not advertise to the Elgin based rangers supporters and neutrals to bring people in the door? Tinpot would be them advertising the rangers v st mirren in the league

Good business or not, I think actively sooking up to another team's fans is very tinpot.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:
Rangers and Celtic fans arguing over who made the biggest mess whilst celebrating.

Celtic fans making point of not behaving like animals to own the **** is peak Arse-cheek

Maggots.jpg