What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Sunday was cringe, but anyone genuinely believing that not using the term is the reason for Rangers pulling out of the Aussie friendly is wishful thinking, IMO.

Im not saying that was the only issue or even the main one tbh but Im still at a bit of a loss as to what the f**k that was all about on Sunday. It clearly came from somebody high enough up in the club for it to thrown about everywhere. Baffling.

3 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I have ex workmate Celtic fans that accuse me of bias because I use the description "Rangers and Celtic" instead of "Celtic and Rangers". As they don't like "The Old Firm" either I try and keep a running balance of both terms in their company to ensure a roughly 50-50 split for the sake of harmony.

They'll happily patronise me about my club however, many times.

Luckily as I'm no longer in Glasgow I only see them for a beer about once a year these days. It would be too tiring otherwise.

Hector Nicol's the original recording of the hearts song finishes

"Oh some say Rangers and Celtic are grand but the boys in maroon are the best in the land"

But the 1980's recording swaps to 
"Oh some say Celtic and Rangers are grand but the boys in maroon are the best in the land"

And then when Frightened Rabbit covered it they swapped back again

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Sunday was cringe, but anyone genuinely believing that not using the term is the reason for Rangers pulling out of the Aussie friendly is wishful thinking, IMO.

I didn’t believe it until I saw the entire stadium plastered in references to the Old Firm. 

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I didn’t believe it until I saw the entire stadium plastered in references to the Old Firm. 

I think it was more a failed attempt at some kind of “gotcha!” directed at Celtic. Very weird.

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Got us at what exactly?

We didn’t organise Ange’s homecoming tour 

Due to Celtic refusing or being unwilling to use the Old Firm term. I think having them walk out under an archway proclaiming it as such was their idea of… something.

I’m just speculating, of course, because I seriously doubt that the Sydney cup not carrying the Old Firm title was anywhere near as influential in the decision making process to pull out in comparison to the fan protests.

10 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hector Nicol's the original recording of the hearts song finishes

"Oh some say Rangers and Celtic are grand but the boys in maroon are the best in the land"

But the 1980's recording swaps to 
"Oh some say Celtic and Rangers are grand but the boys in maroon are the best in the land"

And then when Frightened Rabbit covered it they swapped back again

The alliteration of 'say' and 'Celtic' clearly makes this order the best one, and shows Frightened Rabbit up to be cretins. 

9 hours ago, AJF said:

Due to Celtic refusing or being unwilling to use the Old Firm term. I think having them walk out under an archway proclaiming it as such was their idea of… something.

I’m just speculating, of course, because I seriously doubt that the Sydney cup not carrying the Old Firm title was anywhere near as influential in the decision making process to pull out in comparison to the fan protests.

Is it the club administration kidding on that they pulled out because of a disagreement with Celtic rather than because the fans had turned on them. 

47 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

The alliteration of 'say' and 'Celtic' clearly makes this order the best one, and shows Frightened Rabbit up to be cretins. 

I think that's overly simplistic. There's clearly a different cadence to each phrase with "Celtic" first sounding more smooth and flowing and "Rangers" first sounding more jaunty. If you're going for anthemic or serious the former works better but the latter would work better for an upbeat singalong. That said, any version of that song is dung, whatever order the words are in. 

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Dundee is a nicer place than Swansea and Aberdeen for that matter so perhaps you may like to pipe down.   

Dundee is a shittier team than Swansea and Aberdeen for that matter , so perhaps you may like to try not to miss the point in future

3 minutes ago, A96 said:

Dundee is a shittier team than Swansea and Aberdeen for that matter , so perhaps you may like to try not to miss the point in future

They are poor this season, yes.  Aberdeen are probably on the same level as Dundee though these days.  Both bottom six clubs who very rarely win much.  I would much rather support Dundee though, at least they are realistic about the level they are at.