What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

No, I’ve heard it Easter Road when playing there on more than one occasion. Haven’t heard it from them at Ibrox that I can remember.

If it’s a chant reserved for when they play us, then fair enough.

Comedy Central Thank You GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

"It's chanted by Hibs fans to rile the Sevco fans, both at Easter road and Ibrox, and thoroughly achieves its ambition every time" ...is the correct answer. 

Edited by The Other Foot

6 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Comedy Central Thank You GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

Football clubs often have similar/the same songs or chants. If I hear Hibs fans chanting it at various matches vs Rangers, without attending any other Hibs matches to use as comparison, how am I meant to know it’s reserved for us only 😂

At least I know now I wasn’t making it up like I was led to believe.

Rangers fan in discrimination case claims following team 'philosophical belief'

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-fan-launches-discrimination-case-25318888#ICID=Android_DailyRecordNewsApp_AppShare

"No one like us and we care enough to start legal proceedings"
Massive can't say yer British without getting thrown in the jail vibes.

Tinpot league with tinpot officials trying to ensure their favourite club gets a crack at that champions League money by hook or by crook.

Finances must be catastrophic when your business plan revolves around selling players and going deep in europe to make up for over investment in playing staff. Funny when no one buys and champions League carrot is under jeopardy due to having a team that can't take pressure. Step forward the Rangers supporting referees to try and save the new clubs blushes.

Special season as it could be the beginning of the end for the new club. Like EBT Walter's tax dodgers v kaunus (hearts reserves) followed up by Scotland's best paid gardener Ally's mob v Malmö when it all blows up in their faces.

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Rangers fan in discrimination case claims following team 'philosophical belief'

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-fan-launches-discrimination-case-25318888#ICID=Android_DailyRecordNewsApp_AppShare

"No one like us and we care enough to start legal proceedings"

Mr McClung, thought to be from Falkirk, brings claims of religion and philosophical belief discrimination relating to his support of Rangers and his protestant faith.

How did they know he was either one of these? 

25 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Mr McClung, thought to be from Falkirk, brings claims of religion and philosophical belief discrimination relating to his support of Rangers and his protestant faith.

How did they know he was either one of these? 

I'm guessing he is fat and bald with a beetroot face 

1 hour ago, lionel wickson said:

Never seen or heard Easter Road being called "Hibernian Park" before. 

Hibernian Park was the home ground of the original club (Hibernians), but this was long after they had folded and been replaced by Hibs. Not quite sure why Easter Road has been referred to is this way. Maybe an old colloquial name for their home, that had lingered? Honestly don’t know.

1 minute ago, lionel wickson said:

We'd put 8 past another Hibernian (Smithston) in the previous round. Just a shame we ended up losing to Hearts in the final! 😭

Not that much of a shame, in my opinion. 😄

Joking aside, I’m glad you asked me that question earlier, was interesting reading up on it, as was your info. 👍

It'll be some laugh if you can sue your employer if your are ever ripped at work for your team being shite. I would be a millionaire overnight.

My current anti-Malky stance means I now even get the piss taken on the rare occasion Ross County win a match.

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

“The Celtic chair also bemoaned "the worst rub of the green that you could possibly imagine" in reference to Covid and injury issues.”

:lol:

This from the Celtic AGM where the Board also explained that as to the failures in Europe, they "cited the gulf in resources in European football."

Ma heart bleeds for the puir wee souls. Glad that's not an issue in their domestic game.

20 hours ago, House Bartender said:

This from the Celtic AGM where the Board also explained that as to the failures in Europe, they "cited the gulf in resources in European football."

Ma heart bleeds for the puir wee souls. Glad that's not an issue in their domestic game.

It's amazing they can't see how much of a brass neck they have coming out with that sort of stuff when competing in Europe.

22 hours ago, House Bartender said:

I'm absolutely amazed they didn't follow that comment up with some nonsense about how poor the other teams in Scotland are so don't provide adequate competition in preparation for European games. That was a favourite tag line for years.