What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

21 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is it to do with the bloody stupid sponsor dispute?

Don't think it was, that came later. Sure the opening day thing was because they weren't yet allowed a full attendance, and didn't want to deprive fans of the flag day ceremony. Course that may be bullshit now with the Cinch palava, and a made up excuse like banning folk for safety reasons.

12 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I'm sure I read somewhere they had commissioned their own flag because they didn't want a sponsors one. 

ETA - that could challenge for most tinpot thing

Yeah i read that in a thread on here after the Cinch dispute came to light.

56 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Wait, so they didn't have flag Day on the opening day?

Nah. As others have said, the club wanted to wait until we could get a full house before unfurling the flag. Then I think they thought it wasn’t the best idea to do it against Celtic so it moved back to the Motherwell match.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Nah. As others have said, the club wanted to wait until we could get a full house before unfurling the flag. Then I think they thought it wasn’t the best idea to do it against Celtic so it moved back to the Motherwell match.

Very commendable thinking about the Glasgow residents being subjected to rioting in the streets., and the council workers having to clean up discarded shitty pants the following day.

1 hour ago, Kapowzer said:

Wait so the same club that showed up at Parkhead after part of their roof collapsed with 8,000 fans wearing plastic builders helmets showed restraint against their biggest rivals ..... my my my, haven't they changed into paradigms of virtue.

#keepinitclassy

Well, it's only a theory. After all, the game vs Celtic was the first league match where a full house was permitted with no away fans there so I don't see what other reason would've prevented them from unfurling the flag that day.

1 hour ago, Kapowzer said:

Wait so the same club that showed up at Parkhead after part of their roof collapsed with 8,000 fans wearing plastic builders helmets showed restraint against their biggest rivals ..... my my my, haven't they changed into paradigms of virtue.

#keepinitclassy

A link to the Parkhead story, a nice bit of karma tbf.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/419583/rangers-fans-get-one-back-on-celtic-as-pictures-emerge-online-of-giant-hole-in-parkhead-facade/

On 18/09/2021 at 21:00, craigkillie said:

Hadn't ever heard that builders hat thing before, but that is objectively funny and should be encouraged.

After the letter went out from Celtic to their great unwashed season ticket holders in a certain area of their stadium regarding personal hygiene issues, their next game at home was against Dundee and the stewards didn't appreciate some of our fans coming in with gas masks on and threatened them with ejection if they didn't remove them. I tried to reason with them that it was known as 'humour' but that word appeared lost on them. Bloody nazis.