What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

8 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

You missed out some salient details. That photo was taken in Windsor Park, at the testimonial match of a Linfield player. The flute band is Shankhill Road Defenders flute band.

The very same day that photo was taken, 3rd September 2016, the Shankhill Road Defenders band were at one of their regular annual events, the Brian Robinson memorial march. There they commemorated a UVF murderer, Brian Robinson, who killed an innocent catholic entirely at random in a drive-by shooting, and was then killed himself, in rather shady circumstances, by the British Army, thus becoming a cause celebre among Belfast loyalists who have a funny idea of who the victim is. To confirm it's the same day, the match report from Linfield, complete with the above photo, is here.

Here's a video of them on that march, that day.

"Posing with a flute band" is one thing. Posing for a photo op with these c***s is a different story entirely.

I apologise for my ignorance 

I mean, anyone who thought Rangers as a club dont promote the stereotype must have no idea why their "official media partners" the "Heart and Hand" podcast chose that name.

Song its from is all about slaughtering Catholics FFS.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I mean, anyone who thought Rangers as a club dont promote the stereotype must have no idea why their "official media partners" the "Heart and Hand" podcast chose that name.

Song its from is all about slaughtering Catholics FFS.

Don’t be silly, it’s about defending a wall 

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

It looks as if they are pandering to their lowest common denominator of fans (deliberate or not).

Lets call a spade a spade. We're taking about a club that has actively cycled through away kits in union jack and orange lodge colour schemes for years now. The entire corporate and management structure at Rangers knows exactly what they are doing.

6 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

They're absolutely fucked when I invent my time machine and dynamite that fucking wall in 1689.

Remember to take the formula to make dynamite with you or you'll feel a right mug when you realise you can't source any. 

Embarrassing behaviour from Rangers no matter what way you look at it, or whatever the genuine reason was for not allowing Lennon and Sutton in to Ibrox.

To slightly contradict that point, I wouldn’t be against every club in the country giving the same treatment to John Hartson. I don’t mind a slightly biased co-commentator; Sutton and McCoist don’t hide their allegiances when they commentate on Rangers or Celtic in Europe, but they manage to do it without coming across as a blithering simpleton. I can’t believe I’m even saying this, but Hartson was worse than Tom Boyd, and he’s a guy who would, without irony, accuse the SFA of institutionalised corruption against Celtic when they don’t get a contentious throw-in decision in their own half 30 seconds in to a game. 

1 minute ago, Empty It said:
2 hours ago, Dee Man said:
Remember to take the formula to make dynamite with you or you'll feel a right mug when you realise you can't source any. 

What will the Dynamite shops be shut?

No, silly. 

Cartoons hadn't been invented back then and everyone knows Acme invented dynamite for Wile E. Coyote to try to blow up Roadrunner. 

What an absolute embarrassment of a club, can’t guarantee the safety of a couple of pundits because they’re high profile Celtic men. This is beyond Tinpot.  It’s a game of football FFS, the saddest part will be a large percentage of their fans will be absolutely delighted they can’t get into the Stadium instead of embarrassed as they should be.

It’s high time the authorities started taking proper action against both cheeks and their failure to deal with sectarianism. SFA and the SG are absolutely spineless when it comes to the Old Firm, want to stamp out the bigotry? Hit them where it hurts, close the stands.  Sadly most of their support are past saving you only have to look at the response to the racist and sectarian videos recently when their fans attitude to it was not “stop the songs” it was “ban camera phones, what happen on the bus / pub stays on the bus / pub”.  

As has been said, I think the most concerning thing about this action from Rangers is not the action itself, but the reasoning behind it. The principle reason for me is that the "security risk' they spoke of, was that they were feart their own fans would turn on Lennon and Sutton and that the security risk was not to those two individuals but to Rangers themselves. They were bricking it that the whole stadium would start a 'cheer up Neil Lennon....' and they'd get hammered by UEFA. 

The thing is, if Rangers want to play hardball with the media, then that's fine, but the media need to fight back. Sportsound, the Record and others just need to stop discussing them. Take the coverage down to a bare minimum, report the score. This idea of in-house club media being the better option is fine when things are going well, but are podcasts and the like really going to question the manager and the hierarchy, thus risking their access when things start going wrong. 

They risk becoming an echo chamber that won't stand for any criticism, when criticism is part of running, being a football club. Stuff like the Lyon bus being spraypainted the other night. That needs reported and would likely be swept under the carpet by an in-house media organisation. 

12 hours ago, For Your Pies Only said:

Lets call a spade a spade. We're taking about a club that has actively cycled through away kits in union jack and orange lodge colour schemes for years now. The entire corporate and management structure at Rangers knows exactly what they are doing.

Of course they do. Taking money off bigoted fools.

Take the coverage down to a bare minimum, report the score.

The issue with that is then fans of their opponents are collateral damage. I do think they could dial it down, but if Thistle were in the Premiership I'd want to know what was happening at the clubs we were facing.