What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

Rangers appear to have relaxed security/health and safety/covid precautions (*delete as appropriate) this evening.

Only difference I can see is it's governed by UEFA rather than the SPFL and UEFA have balls and don't pander to any type of shit.

Next we'll be getting told that no they haven't sold as many Euro tickets as season tickets and Euro ticket holders haven't insisted on "red zones".

Edited by Kapowzer

3 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Rangers appear to have relaxed security/health and safety/covid precautions (*delete as appropriate) this evening.

Only difference I can see is it's governed by UEFA rather than the SPFL and UEFA have balls and don't pander to any type of shit.

Next we'll be getting told that no they haven't sold as many Euro tickets as season tickets and Euro ticket holders haven't insisted on "red zones".

There also appears to be rival car tyre and betting firms being advertised on the pitch side hoardings.

3 hours ago, AJF said:

So it’s your belief that Lennon and Sutton sitting inside a studio in Ibrox were likely to come into harms way as opposed to this being a reason for Rangers to play hardball with media/pundits?

Am I reading right that your defence of Rangers is simply that they don't want ex Celtic players in the ground?

13 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

There also appears to be rival car tyre and betting firms being advertised on the pitch side hoardings.

We now know the sponsorship issue relates to Parks of Hamilton, who don't even advertise inside Ibrox, as far as I'm aware. Almost certainly this is a case of Old Douglas Park throwing a strop and concocting a weird contract clause designed purely to f**k over the SPFL deal when he heard about it.

16 hours ago, AJF said:

I very much doubt the actual reason they aren’t being let in has anything to do with potential fan behaviour given it’s never been an issue in the past.

I suspect it’s more to do with the movement towards making life difficult for pundits or media to access Ibrox who the club feel have been unfavourable towards us.

An equally bad look though, agreed. 

This is quite similar to the time you didn't think the cinch nonsense was anything to do with Donald Parks company.

Just my opinion.

12 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Am I reading right that your defence of Rangers is simply that they don't want ex Celtic players in the ground?

It’s not a defence at all, I’ve already said it’s a lot of bullshit and doesn’t look good for us. I’m simply stating I believe this is an attempt by Rangers to play hardball with media/pundits they deem unfavourable rather than them having any genuine “safety concerns”.

Most people also seem to think these “safety concerns” are a lot of bullshit so why do they think Rangers done it?

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

This is quite similar to the time you didn't think the cinch nonsense was anything to do with Donald Parks company.

Just my opinion.

Similar in what way?

22 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Well you're speculating that it must be something other than the most obvious reason. 

Well, it's an opinion. And like I've said before, if people did think there was any genuine belief that Lennon and Sutton would be set upon by fans, then why is this in the tinpot thread rather than folk saying, "aye Rangers have taken the right action here"?

I'm forming my opinion on the basis that Rangers have moved, pretty rapidly, towards this model of being obstructive and petty with the media and this, to me, appears to be another similar instance.

So, do you believe that Rangers have taken the commendable action to remove Lennon and Sutton from harms way as they believed they would be attacked?

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Well, it's an opinion. And like I've said before, if people did think there was any genuine belief that Lennon and Sutton would be set upon by fans, then why is this in the tinpot thread rather than folk saying, "aye Rangers have taken the right action here"?

If Rangers did think there was a belief that Lennon and Sutton would be set upon by fans then the right action would be to provide extra protection for that area of the ground and ban any supporters who are behaving in a threatening way.

Given that noted bigot David Edgar and his cronies are still classed as official media partners, it's clear Rangers are actually tacitly encouraging the sort of atmosphere where people like Sutton and Lennon might feel unsafe.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If Rangers did think there was a belief that Lennon and Sutton would be set upon by fans then the right action would be to provide extra protection for that area of the ground and ban any supporters who are behaving in a threatening way.

Given that noted bigot David Edgar and his cronies are still classed as official media partners, it's clear Rangers are actually tacitly encouraging the sort of atmosphere where people like Sutton and Lennon might feel unsafe.

So that's where I ask the question, as Rangers never took that action, do you think there was a genuine belief that Lennon and Sutton would be set upon?

Edited by AJF

20 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'm forming my opinion on the basis that Rangers have moved, pretty rapidly, towards this model of being obstructive and petty with the media and this, to me, appears to be another similar instance.

So, do you believe that Rangers have taken the commendable action to remove Lennon and Sutton from harms way as they believed they would be attacked?

🤣

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Put it better than I ever could. I'll be piggybacking on this as my response @AJF

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

So you don't care to answer the question?

No. I don't think what they did was commendable at all.

As @craigkillie said they should have offered more security for that area of the ground and permanently banned any clowns who threaten either of them.

"Can't let you in pal. You might get a hiding because you used to play for Celtic" is not a great way to handle the situation.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

No. I don't think what they did was commendable at all.

As @craigkillie said they should have offered more security for that area of the ground and permanently banned any clowns who threaten either of them.

"Can't let you in pal. You might get a hiding because you used to play for Celtic" is not a great way to handle the situation.

I never asked if you thought it was commendable, that was tongue in cheek comment. My question was do you believe that Rangers have taken the action to remove Lennon and Sutton from harms way as they genuinely believed they would be attacked?

I can't say for Lennon as I don't know if he has been a pundit at Ibrox before, but Sutton has likely covered matches at Ibrox on numerous occasions without incident.