What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

Partick Thistle got a guy in today to tape patches of what looks like black bin bags over a couple of adverts on the side of the main stand. I assume they no longer sponsor them.

I can't post photos from my phone but, take my word for it, it's extremely tin-pot.
I've worked out how to attach photos from my phone again. This is Thistle's attempt at removing previous sponsor's adverts. 20210615_135343.jpg

2 hours ago, Chuck Blazer said:

I'm finding this lower case sponsor absolutely demeaning, it's a fucking farce. 

cinch Premiership

It does look odd.

Who can forget mid-2000s dalliance with SPL illogically meaning:

Scottish Premierleague

Bank_of_Scotland_Premier_League_logo.png    

image.jpg?width=640&enable=upscale

celtic-celebrate-after-collecting-the-ba

Edited by HibeeJibee

On 14/06/2021 at 02:02, AmericanFan said:

lol...

Normally I'd say it's tinpot and I did cringe when I first heard we were doing a dvd. But in a unique season where nobody could attend matches I can see a justification. I wish they'd used that as a selling point rather than a fightback at L1 level.

5 minutes ago, partick_twinny said:

Normally I'd say it's tinpot and I did cringe when I first heard we were doing a dvd. But in a unique season where nobody could attend matches I can see a justification. I wish they'd used that as a selling point rather than a fightback at L1 level.

The tinpot element is the fact it’s on DVD
It’s 2021 FFS! 
Short of asking for payment by postal order with a stamped, addressed envelope, it couldn’t get more tinpot. 

17 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

It’s 2021 FFS! 
Short of asking for payment by postal order with a stamped, addressed envelope, it couldn’t get more tinpot. 

Think you're forgetting about the Thistle das. Have a look on WAT, there's several (or at least a handful) who are delighted it's a dvd and not a digital download. More collectible too I guess.

41 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

It’s 2021 FFS! 

What a load of bollocks.

1 hour ago, partick_twinny said:

Think you're forgetting about the Thistle das. Have a look on WAT, there's several (or at least a handful) who are delighted it's a dvd and not a digital download. More collectible too I guess.

tinpot /ˈtɪnpɒt/  (adj.) - Appealing to Thistle Das on WAT

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

What a load of bollocks.

Relax, DVDs were the height of cool in 2004/05.

On 13/06/2021 at 11:27, Thenorthernlight said:

The number 55 appearing this year, ad nauseum.

Its almost like they don’t believe it themselves, so in EVERY bit of media correspondence, they have to shoe horn it in, to try & convince themselves.

That’s tin pot. 

They're flying it on flags across the unionist parts of Northern Ireland too. As a reference to a footballing competition in a different nation it's incredibly bizarre but, to be honest, quite a nice change - given that the flags normally bear some sort of reference to a centuries-old battle. Again, in a different nation. Or the same nation. But a different country. For now. 

4 hours ago, stressball said:

Can I nominate the Bertie Auld thread on FollowFollow? 

Some less than savoury posts and no doubt more to come once folk have been out drinking.

This is idiotic.  I just read through the thread and only one comment could be regarded as slightly unsavoury.  The overwhelming majority of posts were very sympathetic to Bertie's situation.

You are the epitome of a half-wit who runs about looking for things to be offended about.

4 hours ago, stressball said:

Can I nominate the Bertie Auld thread on FollowFollow? 

Some less than savoury posts and no doubt more to come once folk have been out drinking.

No.

1. Its nothing to do with the SPFL

2. No one gives a shit about your tit for tat pish with Rangers

3. If you go swimming in a sewer and come up with  shite in your mouth don't moan about it 

23 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Why Belfast?

Reveal hidden contents

I know why.

Looking at the rest of the list I'd suggest "Because it's a shithole"

Tinpot things about the city of Aberdeen thread for this pish

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

I was lucky enough to be picked in the ballot to go to Ibrox and get a stadium tour and see the trophy and it was excellent to be fair, given we couldn't celebrate in the stadium at the time we won it.

Still, this tour is nothing more than a decent money spinner for the club.

Edited by AJF