What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

10 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I am warning people right now before you watch this - prepare for whatever physical reaction your body gives you to cringing because you have never cringed this hard in your life:

Words can't describe how terrible this is. What the hell was Patrick Thistle thinking?

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

In what way?

In that a joke video isn’t tinpot at all, and potentially damaging your own pitch via over-exposure could be.

We’ve got previous for renting out Firhill and it’s never gone down well. I appreciate that at least it isn’t a rugby team like the last time, but it’s still far from ideal for the surface. Especially when McCall loves to use shite pitches as an excuse for his teams not being able to play football the way he wants them to.

I remember on a filthy day in September or October 1990 I was on my way up from Hillhead (a student. don't you know) to Firhill to see Clyde play Falkirk. It was hammering it down; good Glasgow weather.

I met an American student I knew vaguely as I was going along GWR. She asked me where I was going and offered to come with me: I said no! I genuinely thought she would be bored and miserable and I was doing her a favour.

Five minutes later came the other, more sensible thought... when I realised I had knocked back an afternoon/evening with a not unattractive foreign student. What a berk! Youth is most definitely wasted on the young.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

As well as Partick I've seen Clyde and the Accies have "home" games at Firhill in my time. Never saw the egg chasers though. Is there anyone else that has shared the ground? 

I'd been to Firhill about half a dozen times before I actually saw Thistle playing there.

Eta. Clyde and Accies not the egg chasers.

Edited by microdave

It's a good story but ultimately a bit tin pot that clubs can't look after players and rely on charity efforts to do so. Fwiw, iv already donated and iv maybe even helped a few other people see it who wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

12 minutes ago, grumswall said:

It's a good story but ultimately a bit tin pot that clubs can't look after players and rely on charity efforts to do so. Fwiw, iv already donated and iv maybe even helped a few other people see it who wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

What are the circumstances though? Maybe the insurance doesn't cover this particular type of operation? Maybe it covers similar ones but ones that will have a slower recovery time or may not be as effective?