What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

Guest TheJTS98
22 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

"One of the biggest clubs in the world" being given the run around for 3 months by the guy who got Bournemouth relegated when the squad is in dire need of a complete rebuild. To then be rejected by said coach 53 days before their European campaign starts because they couldnt agree terms with some FM regen coaches.

You could extend this back to 2012. 'One of the biggest clubs in the world' being given a free hit at building themselves an advantage to stand for at least a generation but completely failing to modernise the infrastructure of their club because they were obsessed with winning titles that they couldn't lose, and ultimately ending up trophyless and weeks from a Champions League qualifier with nobody steering the ship.

Tinpot in the extreme.

7 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Indeed

I don’t share all the views he’s expressed but they don’t seem crazy or farfetched

Most of it isn’t even new

A similar spin was put on Anne Budges remark along the lines that there should be about 20 top level league clubs as opposed to 42

That was clearly meaning something along the lines of a two division SPL but was instead met with fury that this daft old lady was saying Clyde should stop playing football entirely

Both Nelms and budge are arrogant arseholes, who after pretending to be visionary to get themselves on the board we’re quickly hounded out once they tried to implement  their terrible ideas and righty so.   

Anybody suggesting the top clubs are being held back by the small ones is insane and is a worrying part of the Scottish football landscape.

Edited by parsforlife

Both Nelms and budge are arrogant arseholes, who after pretending to be visionary to get themselves on the board we’re quickly hounded out once they tried to imply their terrible ideas and righty so.   

Anybody suggesting the top clubs are being held back by the small ones is insane and is a worrying part of the Scottish football landscape.
That's not what he said though.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Both Nelms and budge are arrogant arseholes, who after pretending to be visionary to get themselves on the board we’re quickly hounded out once they tried to imply their terrible ideas and righty so.   

Again, I may have misinterpreted but did he say ‘top teams are being held back’ or did he say ‘some of the top teams feel they’re being held back by lower league clubs’. It’s quite a big difference and I interpreted it as the latter and it’s undoubtedly true. 

51 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Mediocre Eddie Howe turning down the biggest club in Scotland to stay unemployed.

Or to rephrase.

Wealthy man with a very good reputation turning down the biggest job in Scotland because the board of said biggest club couldnt get their arse in gear. 

The notion that Howe is somehow in the wrong not taking the job given the circumstances is wild 

20 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Both Nelms and budge are arrogant arseholes, who after pretending to be visionary to get themselves on the board we’re quickly hounded out once they tried to implement  their terrible ideas and righty so.   

That will be why Dunfermline were cheerleading the SPL2 plan

On 28/05/2021 at 15:32, Bairnardo said:

Nelms deserves every bit of stick he gets over this.

If either of the arse cheeks had came with this pish we would all be slaughtering them. Disappointing to see any Dundee fans here or on theor thread defending him.

Absolute arsehole comments and wildly out of place. Call it for what it is.

20 hours ago, parsforlife said:

You two are really showing yourselves up as morons considering it's clear neither have read what Nelms has said.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You say that but the Pars ended up getting a massive increase in Prize Money for the 2nd tier. The Old First Division was worth £69,500 to the winners in 2012-13, it's now worth nearly £700,000 in 2020-21.

40 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:
You two are really showing yourselves up as morons considering it's clear neither have read what Nelms has said.

I dont think Nelms is going to shag you.

Cry more.

58 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I dont think Nelms is going to shag you.

Like Nelms would have a choice.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You are aware that fans don't always agree with the actions of their clubs/chairmen?

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You are aware that fans don't always agree with the actions of their clubs/chairmen?

And I presume he’s talking about 10+ years ago when spl2 was being talked about.  Safe to say our owner and chairman from that time aren’t exactly popular with pars fans.

21 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

The notion that Howe is somehow in the wrong not taking the job given the circumstances is wild 

Not sure if you have some sort of "special ITK knowledge" but you seem determined that this is entirely Celtic's fault. I honestly don't care for either Celtic of Howe, but I still feel this was a missed opportunity for him.

I wouldn't say he was "wrong" to turn down the job but, to me, he has shat the bed when he had one of the best chances of gaining honours and European experience. If he's decided against it because some of his backroom staff were not keen to move North, then all that suggests to me is that he not confident in his own ability.

I am warning people right now before you watch this - prepare for whatever physical reaction your body gives you to cringing because you have never cringed this hard in your life: