What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The "Club Club" era was a long time ago, and they moved on from that round about the same time they got relegated, when they started hiring some competent people behind the scenes. However, my understanding is that Hibs recently got rid of the team behind that more competent social media output to replace it with people with a marketing background and no real knowledge of social media (or Hibernian FC, it would appear).

That's why their output has started to veer towards the embarrassing - even over the last month we've had some pathetic mewling about Kevin Nisbet not playing for Scotland, a heartfelt tribute to the Duke of Edinburgh, the scattergun use of GIFs and a general sense that it is being run by an eight year-old. This latest one capped it off though, how could you possibly work for Hibs and not know the significance of that?

Apparently one of the guys is a journalist from Dundee and the other is an English based media guy.

I would boot both of the c***s and put any radge Hibs fan in charge.

Hibs are currently advertising for someone to run the social media channels going by a post I saw on Twitter the other day. The boy doing it just now has had a shocker a few times, utterly clueless.

Edited by Zing.

5 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Genuinely surprised a Hibs fan doesn't know that wee gem. It was indeed HibernianFCclub.

In fact, didn't @Mon Dieu lampoon it in "mes que un clubclub" at the time?

Every Hibs fan should know that we are 'More Than A Club Club'.

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The "Club Club" era was a long time ago, and they moved on from that round about the same time they got relegated, when they started hiring some competent people behind the scenes. However, my understanding is that Hibs recently got rid of the team behind that more competent social media output to replace it with people with a marketing background and no real knowledge of social media (or Hibernian FC, it would appear).

That's why their output has started to veer towards the embarrassing - even over the last month we've had some pathetic mewling about Kevin Nisbet not playing for Scotland, a heartfelt tribute to the Duke of Edinburgh, the scattergun use of GIFs and a general sense that it is being run by an eight year-old. This latest one capped it off though, how could you possibly work for Hibs and not know the significance of that?

Spot on on.

6 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Apparently one of the guys is a journalist from Dundee and the other is an English based media guy.

Irvine Welsh would be good.... 

...until he's banned!

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Exactly. Perhaps this guy is "Nouveau Hibs" post-2016.

Exactly.  If you're not on top of your clubs social media output, and crucially, how it's received on P and B, then the stench of failure absolutely repulses me. 

Edited by TonyFerrino

9 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Exactly. Perhaps this guy is "Nouveau Hibs" post-2016.

Me?

I wish I was Nouveau, sadly seen us shite it at Hampden many times before May 2016.......

I won't lose sleep over not being aware of the extra club, more concerned with what nonsense the Twitter admin comes out with this week tbh.

15 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I nominate Irvine Welsh

Edited by coprolite
Just seen tamthebams post. I hereby second Welsh. Great minds think alike and so, apparently, do Tam and I.

On 30/04/2021 at 18:17, Granny Danger said:

United just gave Pawlett another two year contract.  That’s pretty tinpot.

Exactly. I remember when Jim used to dish out ten year contracts!

Motherwell continuing to post on YouTube over the weekend and a club employee tweeting we had uploaded it on YouTube despite doing that social media blackout thing is pretty tin pot. 

Considering not long ago they posted this video:

(5) “Everyone's tired of taking the knee." Premiership players tackle racism - YouTube