What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

On 19/03/2021 at 11:54, G51 said:

Most flags are flame retardant these days, so it's not that surprising.

Eleventh night bonfires are going to be a bit disappointing this year.

What is it Hearts find so difficult about the concept of the worst team going down and best team going up?

Also, minute silences in empty stadiums for someone who came out with so many racially insensitive comments. 

“Let’s take a break from trying to solve the issue of players being racially abused to pay our respects to a man who talked about being slitty-eyed”.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Why? Do they not want to acknowledge the win.

Oh, is this some pish about "we shouldnt have been there in the first place"?

Embarassing

The reasoning as far as I can glean is a mixture of

1) Don't give Neil Doncaster the photo opportunity he wants
2) Don't treat this as "job done!", That'll be when we're back in the upper reaches of the top flight
3) This kind of petty shithousery should be a good laugh

Personally I don't agree with them but  have some sympathy for all three arguments but mainly the third

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Pretty arrogant and embarrassing for me, is this some disgruntled roasters coming up with this or are the FoH lot also on board?

A few folk on Facebook/Twitter so far.  Definitely not got support of all Hearts fans.

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Pretty arrogant and embarrassing for me, is this some disgruntled roasters coming up with this or are the FoH lot also on board?

It's that podcast of theirs and the amount linked in this thread that seem to be the main peddlers I've seen, and probably some on FB too. Seen John Souttar seems to be of that mindset too, but we'll see what the players who played to win it (and probably won't be back next season) think.

2 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

A few folk on Facebook/Twitter so far.  Definitely not got support of all Hearts fans.

Hopefully they leave the presentation till the end of the season meaning we can have a will they/won't they/should they/shouldn't they suspense building subplot in order to keep us all entertained

In other news

John Souttar's comments, although not actaully in context, mean he has been adopted as the posterboy of the #leaveitonthestand campaign

"We shouldn't be down here. That goes without saying, a club like us should never be in the Championship. I don't think there will be massive celebrations. It will be 'job done, we are back where we belong'. There will be celebrations next season if we can win a cup or get into the top three/four, not winning the Championship."

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Yes, I can imagine Neil Doncaster sitting at home absolutely desperate for a photo opportunity alongside superstars like "Aidy White" and "Gervane Kastaneer".

He could have socially distant drinks with Ann Budge and Leslie Deans.

10 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

"We shouldn't be down here. That goes without saying, a club like us should never be in the Championship. I don't think there will be massive celebrations. It will be 'job done, we are back where we belong'. There will be celebrations next season if we can win a cup or get into the top three/four, not winning the Championship."

Ignoring the sillyness about the trophy, I dont think what Souttar has said above is out of line - indeed I think our players said something similar when we came back after our last seaside adventure.

15 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Ignoring the sillyness about the trophy, I dont think what Souttar has said above is out of line - indeed I think our players said something similar when we came back after our last seaside adventure.

And with everything happening behind closed doors this would inevitably all be a bit more low key than last time you did it or indeed last time we did it,

In fact making a petty, empty gesture to the SPFL is probably the only way to turn it into it a memorable occasion

I'm warming to the idea

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

John Souttar's comments, although not actaully in context, mean he has been adopted as the posterboy of the #leaveitonthestand campaign

“Or if I can play more than 3 games in a row without my head falling off”

4 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

What is it Hearts find so difficult about the concept of the worst team going down and best team going up?

Also, minute silences in empty stadiums for someone who came out with so many racially insensitive comments. 

“Let’s take a break from trying to solve the issue of players being racially abused to pay our respects to a man who talked about being slitty-eyed”.

Hearts being demoted so that another team can be awarded a title shouldn't sit well with anyone.