What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

We ran a similar scheme: https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/help-virtually-sell-out-the-kilmac-stadium1/

We kept it in house, raised about £10k and didn't need to suck another team off in the process.

Not claiming it's a new record attendance though. 

Inverness' new claimed record is more than the stadium holds 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:
Not claiming it's a new record attendance though. 
Inverness' new claimed record is more than the stadium holds 🤦‍♂️

This is a an extreme case of the argument about whether ticket holders who don’t actually attend a game should be counted

And that argument is pretty "tin pot" in itself

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Is relying on Hearts fans to bail you out - in the absence of tapping Alan Savage for extra cash - a sustainable business model? 

I don't know. But something something Uncle Roy something something County something something subsidised.

19 minutes ago, yoda said:

Is relying on Hearts fans to bail you out - in the absence of tapping Alan Savage for extra cash - a sustainable business model? 

We're all doing things at the moment that aren't really going to be sustainable   post covid

For instance I'm going to have to start wearing trousers to meetings

1 hour ago, ropy said:

I missed the start of this, is it simply a gesture or are ICT in trouble?

Everybody will be finding things tough right now 

But this is really about back in 2013 when Hearts were facing an existential threat. When Inverness hosted Hearts they donated a fiver from each away ticket sold to the campaign to save the club. It's good that we've been able to collectively repay that gesture.

13 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

But this is really about back in 2013 when Hearts were facing an existential threat. When Inverness hosted Hearts they donated a fiver from each away ticket sold to the campaign to save the club. It's good that we've been able to collectively repay that gesture.

Good

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Yeah that's fair enough and decent behaviour by the clubs and fans involved.  Not sure I agree with ICT trying to present it as a "new record attendance" though...  

1 hour ago, resk said:

Yeah that's fair enough and decent behaviour by the clubs and fans involved.  Not sure I agree with ICT trying to present it as a "new record attendance" though...  

I guess you're just annoyed that Aberdeen's imaginary, non-existent travelling support isn't as big as Hearts' imaginary, non-existent travelling support.

Am I doing this right?

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I guess you're just annoyed that Aberdeen's imaginary, non-existent travelling support isn't as big as Hearts' imaginary, non-existent travelling support.

Am I doing this right?

Imagine how good a virtual away game for Falkirk will be

• 2 weeks later...

I think they trialled that in Australia - pay TV channels had the games on live with fans etc. visible and they allowed Free-To-Air channels to show the games but they had to superimpose adverts on top of the crowds. Didn't really take off, people hated it even though they could see the games for free.