What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

I remember years ago the Scottish Cup was sponsored by Scottish Health Group. The man of the match got a "Mr Superfit" award

This evening watching Queens Park v Queen of the South I see adverts for a bam soup called Dragon Soop in the background. Maybe they should sponsor the cup and the MOTM could get a "Mr Radge" award.

15 minutes ago, Empty It said:

What about turning off the heating to save some cash then not telling anyone the pitch is frozen solid until they arrive at the stadium and go through all the covid protocols?

There was a club installed their undersoil heating when they were first promoted to the top flight as it was a requisite and then never used it again after relegation to save cash.

They've got a plastic pitch now anyway.

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

There was a club installed their undersoil heating when they were first promoted to the top flight as it was a requisite and then never used it again after relegation to save cash.

They've got a plastic pitch now anyway.

I am pretty sure there was a few instances where clubs weren't bothering to turn the heating on in the old SPL or so days.

16 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I am pretty sure there was a few instances where clubs weren't bothering to turn the heating on in the old SPL or so days.

At one point we weren't allowed to switch ours on overnight as the neighbours complained about the noise.

Back in the 1980s you used to be guaranteed at least one game would be on- Hibs, Rangers, Dundee United and Aberdeen I think had undersoil heating (can't remember if Celtic did, perhaps the biscuit tin was empty). Queen's Park games also went ahead as Hampden had undersoil. Arbroath games tended to go ahead as the sea salt stopped the pitch from freezing but I notice Gayfield has had a few games off in recent years. 

Dunbar and Elgin also have microclimates that tended to stop their pitches from freezing. 

16 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Back in the 1980s you used to be guaranteed at least one game would be on- Hibs, Rangers, Dundee United and Aberdeen I think had undersoil heating (can't remember if Celtic did, perhaps the biscuit tin was empty). Queen's Park games also went ahead as Hampden had undersoil. Arbroath games tended to go ahead as the sea salt stopped the pitch from freezing but I notice Gayfield has had a few games off in recent years. 

Dunbar and Elgin also have microclimates that tended to stop their pitches from freezing. 

These days at Elgin our games are postponed due to flooding (although it's 6 years since that last plagued us) and the pitch being too dry in August.

52 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Quite a few clubs stopped bothering because the local police had games called off anyway due to icy streets around the stadium, so it was a big waste of money to run the heating for nothing.

2 hours ago, stressball said:

Celtic FC 20/21

It is impressive how easily and seamlessly they have filled the minter-shaped void which appeared due to Sevco being half decent this season.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

This old boy has the skin tone of a milk bottle. He might not have covid but he’s certainly not well looking.

F4715E7C-EDF0-4963-94BB-0A42A23A2FD3.thumb.png.70c552d60ee5fd4c5f4c66b05ccdd76e.png
Hard to tell with the face mask in that photo but could it be none other than Shouty Old Unionist Highlander from Question Time in Inverness? Skin tone comparison isn't on the same Dulux colour chart, but to be fair he was indoors and somewhat... enthused during his live TV appearancenigelv2.jpeg