What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It would be absolutely brilliant if bus loads of them turned up and that was indeed the case and only one pub was showing the Sevco Celtic game, and because of restrictions only about 20 folk were allowed in.

Only six from each bus surely, six green and six blue

I say let them go, then close the border. 

But really, what kind of message would it send if, as has been suggested / begged for on several media platforms,  Sky were to make the game available for free or even if fans were to be allowed in, simply because they can’t be trusted to obey the law and not have mass gatherings in each other’s houses? Basically reinforcing negative behaviour. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

On 15/10/2020 at 01:29, Junior_Arab said:

I say let them go, then close the border. 

But really, what kind of message would it send if, as has been suggested / begged for on several media platforms,  Sky were to make the game available for free or even if fans were to be allowed in, simply because they can’t be trusted to obey the law and not have mass gatherings in each other’s houses? Basically reinforcing negative behaviour. 

Quite agree. The police should be deployed in huge numbers to reinforce restrictions, preferably armed to the teeth and with as many dogs as they can muster. 

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Where has the idea come from that the only occasion that poses a risk of people having house parties is while watching a Rangers v Celtic match?

The media mainly.

Especially Tam Cowan.

I wonder what background crowd noise would be chosen by Sky for the game

Will it be an old recording of a previous match featuring those "traditional" chants that make the rest of us cringe?

I don't think I've watched a Rangers v Celtic game for over 20 years. As The Smiths sang it "has nothing to say about my life"

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Is that because they can't really call it the old firm derby now after 2012 saw one half die? 

That can't possibly have happened as both teams have always played at their present grounds, in the same colours, in front of the same audiences.

Guest 8GamesToGo

I'd like to update my nomination for Dundee voting their rivals a title as the most tinpot thing to Dundee voting their rivals a title and for themselves to also get a hammering from the team they voted to demote.

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I'd like to update my nomination for Dundee voting their rivals a title as the most tinpot thing to Dundee voting their rivals a title and for themselves to also get a hammering from the team they voted to demote.

giphy.gif

Championship forum for this pish.

To be fair, Ann Budge probably thinks tonight's result means Hearts should be promoted back to the top flight with immediate effect. That and having the biggest budget.

Anyone using the "how it started" patter should be automatically banned from the internet.

Guest 8GamesToGo
32 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

Voting (no wait, changing your vote) to demote a team that will go on to hump you and in the process hand a title to your city rivals: Perfectly fine, nothing to make fun of there

Responding to that in a humorous and, it has to be said given Dundee's own Tweeting behaviour, very on-target Tweet: Ridiculous