What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

What is this implosion of which you speak?

As a Hibs fan who I assume witnessed Rod Petrie oversee a constant decline leading to relegation and 3 years in the lower leagues while Hibs fans focused on Hearts instead, I can see how you might be blind to it.

I would happily take an implosion like that if it lead to my team winning the scottish cup in the most glorious way.

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

I would happily take an implosion like that if it lead to my team winning the scottish cup in the most glorious way.

As a Hearts fan, I know what that feels like.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
8 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Right.  That's exactly what happened.  I can tell because all your posts are bang on the money and not written through a flood of tears and snotters or anything.

So you didn't constantly decline from Collins leaving until 2016? Regularly in the bottom six and eventually relegated, even winning fewer points that season than Gary Locke's team of kids. Spending loads of money at the same time. At least when we have a bad spell it's short and sharp and we get back up quickly as we will this time. I think my favourite part was rejecting lots of money for Colin Calderwood then sacking him a couple of months later, although the Hamilton playoff, beating you to help bring your down with us, then keeping you down is up there too.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

5 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

So you didn't constantly decline from sacking Collins until 2016? Regularly in the bottom six and eventually relegated, even winning fewer points that season than Gary Locke's team of kids. Spending loads of money at the same time. At least when we have a bad spell it's short and sharp and we get back up quickly as we will this time.

Well yeah, we were beyond pish.  It happens, exhibit A Heart of Midlothian season 18/19.  I'm pretty sure only a few hardcorers on .net were more bothered about Hearts at the time, and even then probably more for a distraction from the brutal football being served up. And don't forget your criminal submariner owner had provided plenty of distraction during the run up to Hibs wee* stint in the seasides.

Good luck with your promotion attempt.

Edited by TonyFerrino

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, TonyFerrino said:

Well yeah, we were beyond pish.  It happens, exhibit A Heart of Midlothian season 18/19.  I'm pretty sure only a few hardcorers on .net were more bothered about Hearts at the time, and even then probably more for a distraction from the brutal football being served up. And don't forget your criminal submariner owner had provided plenty of distraction during the run up to Hibs wee* stint in the seasides.

Good luck with your promotion attempt.

Didn't David Duff end up in the clink? Indeed, teams do have bad seasons. They don't get condemned to a lower league not playing before the season even ends though do they, white the other teams all vote out of self-interest to pile all the financial misery on a handful of their fellow members?

You got lucky the pandemic came along when it did. Maybe. Not sure Ron Gordon will be the most stable owner to be honest and we know one when we see one. 

20 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Didn't David Duff end up in the clink? Indeed, teams do have bad seasons. They don't get condemned to a lower league not playing before the season even ends though do they, white the other teams all vote out of self-interest to pile all the financial misery on a handful of their fellow members?

You got lucky the pandemic came along when it did. Maybe. Not sure Ron Gordon will be the most stable owner to be honest and we know one when we see one. 

Will be interesting to hear the basis for your argument on this one as there is absolutely nothing in his business past that would point to him being at all unstable or unreliable. 

10 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Will be interesting to hear the basis for your argument on this one as there is absolutely nothing in his business past that would point to him being at all unstable or unreliable. 

Presumably with the high bar that Hearts set for their owners in recent times they have to hope Hibs will catch another duff one some time soon. 

On 04/10/2020 at 18:54, 8GamesToGo said:

Yes, yes. Let's make the angry Jambos explain it all again. What a hoot.

Your brass neck man. Your team voted themselves a title. I'd still be cringing in embarrassment if I were you.

This is where the issue is.  Anger is meant to come before futile bargaining when getting over grief.  No wonder Hearts are so confused.